Mickey Jones R.I.P. Unsung Hero

This forum is to commemorate the passing of a significant music figure or group. In posting or responding to any topics, please display an element of respect and decorum.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

CaptainVague
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Mickey Jones R.I.P. Unsung Hero

Post by CaptainVague » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:39 pm

Drummer and actor Mickey Jones has died at age 76 after a long illness. He played drums for Trini Lopez in the 50's. He then played for Johnny Rivers in the 60's and that's him you hear on "Secret Agent Man" and many others. Bob Dylan stole him away for his famous 1966 tour where Dylan went electric for half his sets backed by Mickey and what would become The Band (Levon Helm had quit The Nighthawks and returned to Arkansas). His work with Dylan went on hold after Bob's motorcycle accident. Kenny Rogers grabbed him to be the drummer in the newly formed First Edition in 1967. He played on all their recordings and gained a knack for skit acting on the First Edition's variety TV show in the early 70's. That work soon opened doors for him in acting and he had a very long and successful TV and Film career. I was lucky to get a signed copy of his autobiography, Mickey Jones: That'd be Me, a few years ago. R.I.P. :(
"In the 60's it was rock & roll, by the 70's they dropped the roll and called it rock, in the 80's MTV came along and it was more like professional wrestling." Tom Petty

B_big.
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Re: Mickey Jones R.I.P. Unsung Hero

Post by B_big. » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:52 am

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( ..Image

• Thank you for the information, may he rest in peace now, in "Rock 'n' Roll Heaven" . Image
. Image
https://www.vinylrotation.org/
the fine art of record cover & sleeve & more
berlin/germany/europe/planet earth/milky way/universe

Return to “Music Memoriam & Obituaries”