Oscar Levant Plays Liszt

This forum is specifically dedicated to the category of classical music including Brass, Patriotic, Ethnic, Military and Marches. You may discuss any and all aspects of this genre of music. Please no buying or selling of items at this board.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

olive1
Level 3
Level 3

Oscar Levant Plays Liszt

Post by olive1 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:54 am

Hi, I have been a member for a while but absent for some time. I was collecting and selling then kind of fell by the wayside. Couple week ago I picked up a classical record at a thrift store. I was a classic rock/jazz guy so not familiar. I tried to do some research today and can only find one mentioned on the internet, none on record sites. Oscar Levant Plays Liszt, Columbia ML 5094, grey "6 eye" label. Only one I found was sold at auction, one of those join to "see" price sites. Any help?? I'd like to put for sale but have no idea of value.
Thanks
Darell

vinyl1
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

RE: Oscar Levant Plays Liszt

Post by vinyl1 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:38 pm

It's unlikely to be worth anything. Oscar Levant was an interesting character, but he is not a collectible artist.

olive1
Level 3
Level 3

Post by olive1 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Thanks. Someone sent a link for a 2009 sale for $99. Probably not what I was thinking when I first had trouble finding anything, but hey I paid a quarter.

Return to “Classical”