Classical music research

This forum is specifically dedicated to the category of classical music including Brass, Patriotic, Ethnic, Military and Marches. You may discuss any and all aspects of this genre of music. Please no buying or selling of items at this board.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

pat5067
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by pat5067 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:32 pm

Thank you gentlemen, I'll mess around with my stack for a while (am only talking about, maybe, 100) find out how many dimes I have.
I just saw an ad on craigslist for 800 classical records for $150, using vinyl1's formula it looks like there might be ,uuhmmm ...5 to 10K albums will yield 1-2% keepers...so 800 albums (which is about 10% of your 5-10K example) divided by .75% is ..ahh..6 ....there will be, theoretically, 6 "worthy" pieces. So THAT would be $25 an album. Sound about right?
(Man, I was told there wasn't going to be any math in this hobby)
Pat
The jingle of a dogs collar would be fine.

G.Nicolls
Level 1
Level 1

Post by G.Nicolls » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:33 am

Hello,

I have tried to find information on certain records that I have inherited--Debussy Preludes, Book I (1910), played by E. Robert Schmitz, produced by RCA Victor Company Ltd.--and have come up empty handed. I have even emailed a number of institutions which have given me leads but the leads have not returned anything. One of them being the "Encyclopedic discography of Victor recordings" and the online version hosted by University of California, Santa Barbara. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Return to “Classical”