Megadeth/Scorpions

Use this forum to offer feedback about a recently viewed concert. You may include opinions, photos or any other information that may be informative or educational about the groups that were viewed.

Please keep the reviews relative to a recently attended concert. This means a concert that was attended within the last few weeks of the posting.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

CaptainVague
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Megadeth/Scorpions

Post by CaptainVague » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:15 pm

My son took me to see Megadeth and the Scorpions Saturday night at the LA forum. Some reviews recently have said that at 69 Klaus can't quite hit the high notes anymore. I know it can be tough on these aging rockers. One thing you can do is bring along a backup singer or two to help out, or you can have Megadeth as the opening act and by the time you hit the stage no one can hear the high notes anymore. :D Great show by both bands, Megadeth only slows down to play the crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch, part of the songs, then it's back to double time. Even though it is extremely heavy metal their songs do not all sound the same. The Scorpions really rocked the place in top form, you know what you are going to get from them. Keep it going! 8)

Megadeth setlist
Hangar 18
The Threat Is Real
Take No Prisoners
She-Wolf
Sweating Bullets
Trust
Dystopia
Mechanix
Symphony of Destruction
Encore:
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

Scorpions setlist
Going Out With a Bang
Make It Real
The Zoo
Coast to Coast
Top of the Bill / Steamrock Fever / Speedy's Coming / Catch Your Train
We Built This House
Delicate Dance
Always Somewhere / Eye of the Storm / Send Me an Angel
Wind of Change
Rock 'n' Roll Band
Overkill (Motörhead cover)
Drum Solo (Mickey Dee formerly of Motorhead)
Blackout
Big City Nights
Encore:
No One Like You
Still Loving You
Rock You Like a Hurricane
"In the 60's it was rock & roll, by the 70's they dropped the roll and called it rock, in the 80's MTV came along and it was more like professional wrestling." Tom Petty

B_big.
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Re: Megadeth/Scorpions

Post by B_big. » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:22 pm

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .Image

• You have a really kind son, good to hear that. Thank you for your gig review, though I'm not a fan of heavy metal, it's always good to hear about gigs, especially if they're great. .Image
. Image
https://www.vinylrotation.org/
the fine art of record cover & sleeve & more
berlin/germany/europe/planet earth/milky way/universe

Return to “Concert Feedback”