Underrated

This forum is specifically dedicated to the category of Rap, Hip-Hop and DJ music including House, Techno, Electronica and Dance. You may discuss any and all aspects of this genre of music. Please, no buying or selling of items at this board.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

magic1313
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Underrated

Post by magic1313 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:59 pm

So I am sitting here listening to the laundry list of epic songs that Last Emp has done and I don't understand how this guy could fly under the radar for so long. I have been listeneing to him since high school, yet I never hear him mentioned when discussing the best lyricists of all time. To me Last Emperor is the most underrated/unknown hip hop artist ever. I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on who they think has been overlooked for way to long. Could be a good way to get introduced to new/old artists.

TheMastermind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RE: Underrated

Post by TheMastermind » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:38 pm

I've only ever really listened to the song he put out with KRS-1 and Zach De La Rocha, C.I.A. His verse on that is top notch, I'll have to seek out more.

ChadFromCanada
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by ChadFromCanada » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:30 am

From the West Coast g-funk era, I think Above the Law is criminally unknown, though I'm sure most people who know of them love them (Black Superman is pretty popular doubt most people know much else by them). I'm also a big fan of the little known P.A., sometimes "Parental Advisory", out of ATL. They were part of the Dungeon Family, whose members include the more well known OutKast and Goodie Mob.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TheMastermind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by TheMastermind » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:34 am

It's a they and not a he? I am I thinking of the wrong guy?

Return to “Rap/Hip-Hop/DJ”