Best Rapper Ever !!!! What a joke.

This forum is specifically dedicated to the category of Rap, Hip-Hop and DJ music including House, Techno, Electronica and Dance. You may discuss any and all aspects of this genre of music. Please, no buying or selling of items at this board.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

TheMastermind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Best Rapper Ever !!!! What a joke.

Post by TheMastermind » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:51 am

barbiedollspimp wrote:As a rapper, maybe. He was VERY popular, but amongst hip hop heads, he was never really considered one of the "best" MCs.
That's it really. He sold records but never got much attention from the scene. It would have been a risky choice for me to drop a 'Pac song at a gig back in the day. Biggie had far more cred.
barbiedollspimp wrote:tupac had so much emotion in his songs, so much soul. you could really feel the honesty in what he said, even if it was sometimes hypocritical
The problem with the hypocricy was it made the emotion hard to take at face value.

The fact that he became famous when he's dead and he lead a film worthy life, don't make him a great MC. I wouldn't rate him in my top 50, I don't think. Hell, Shock G was better than him any day.

barbiedollspimp
Level 5
Level 5

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Best Rapper Ever !!!! What a joke.

Post by barbiedollspimp » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:18 am

TheMastermind wrote:
barbiedollspimp wrote:As a rapper, maybe. He was VERY popular, but amongst hip hop heads, he was never really considered one of the "best" MCs.
That's it really. He sold records but never got much attention from the scene. It would have been a risky choice for me to drop a 'Pac song at a gig back in the day. Biggie had far more cred.
barbiedollspimp wrote:tupac had so much emotion in his songs, so much soul. you could really feel the honesty in what he said, even if it was sometimes hypocritical
The problem with the hypocricy was it made the emotion hard to take at face value.

The fact that he became famous when he's dead and he lead a film worthy life, don't make him a great MC. I wouldn't rate him in my top 50, I don't think. Hell, Shock G was better than him any day.
He was famous way before his death. He was the all time best selling rapper before he died. To each his own tho.

foughtfair
Level 1
Level 1

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Best Rapper Ever !!!! What a jok

Post by foughtfair » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:38 am

Eyedea.(RIP)

bommierock
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Best Rapper Ever !!!! What a jok

Post by bommierock » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:58 am

Kool Moe Dee should rate a mention