Country Mike...mike D of the Beastie Boys

This forum is specifically dedicated to the category of Rap, Hip-Hop and DJ music including House, Techno, Electronica and Dance. You may discuss any and all aspects of this genre of music. Please, no buying or selling of items at this board.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

PennFarms
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Country Mike...mike D of the Beastie Boys

Post by PennFarms » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:57 pm

I stumbled across this record on EBAY and thought it looked pretty interesteing. I noticed too that the orig copies sell for 200+ bucks, and that there are alot of unsold bootlegs on EBAY. Goldmine 4th even lists this record and mentions the bootlegs. But onto my qiestion...

Im just wondering what kind of music it is. Is it Mike D doing some country style stuff, or is it typical beasties stuff? Im tempted to bid on a bootleg just to hear it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEASTIE-BOYS-countr ... dZViewItem
MP3 can Lick Me!

trainwreck
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by trainwreck » Fri May 05, 2006 5:33 pm

I should look at this genre more often...

did you ever get this? I have the BBoys CD anthology and there's one song "Country Mike's Theme" on it, and it's total crap musically, badly played C&W with singing in a phony twang. A novelty item for sure.

PennFarms
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by PennFarms » Mon May 08, 2006 3:50 am

Trainwreck...I never did get it, but am still tempted. Cheesy poorly made C&W ala Mike D just may worth a few laughs... thanks for the info TW
MP3 can Lick Me!

barbiedollspimp
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Country Mike...mike D of the Beastie Boys

Post by barbiedollspimp » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:15 am

PennFarms wrote:I stumbled across this record on EBAY and thought it looked pretty interesteing. I noticed too that the orig copies sell for 200+ bucks, and that there are alot of unsold bootlegs on EBAY. Goldmine 4th even lists this record and mentions the bootlegs. But onto my qiestion...

Im just wondering what kind of music it is. Is it Mike D doing some country style stuff, or is it typical beasties stuff? Im tempted to bid on a bootleg just to hear it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEASTIE-BOYS-countr ... dZViewItem

Country Mike's Greatest Hits is a side project album by mike d. it's a traditional country & western style album with comedy elements. it was only given to friends and family of the beastie boys on vinyl.

j_loop
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by j_loop » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:22 pm

PennFarms wrote:Cheesy poorly made C&W ala Mike D
That pretty much sums it up. I have the vinyl boot and I think I paid around $20 for it. They pop up on eBay from time to time, you just have to keep checking. If you like the humorous side of the Beastie Boys I think you'll like it.

bommierock
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by bommierock » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:11 am

I'm pretty sure that Mike D dropped too much acid and did'nt come out a a trip where he thought he was a C&W singer.They played along with it hoping that he would come out of his acid psychosis. Thus the resulting album

Leon

ShadySam
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by ShadySam » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:54 am

bommierock wrote:I'm pretty sure that Mike D dropped too much acid and did'nt come out a a trip where he thought he was a C&W singer.They played along with it hoping that he would come out of his acid psychosis...
shee-it, I wanna hear that just 4 the grin-factor, LMFAO!

j_loop
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by j_loop » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:46 pm

Funny this topic should pop up again this time of year. To wet your whistle even more Shady, there's a pretty hilarious "Country Christmas" song on there.

ShadySam
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by ShadySam » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:47 am

cool! Gotta get around to dropping some blotter & laffin' me gonads off to this sometime! :)

Return to “Rap/Hip-Hop/DJ”