John Martyn,Solid Air.Heart shaped etching.

What are these weird markings on the inside edge of my record next to the label and what do they mean?

Moderator: Guild Moderators

darkdubh
Level 4
Level 4

John Martyn,Solid Air.Heart shaped etching.

Post by darkdubh » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:13 pm

I have a UK copy of this album on the Island "Pink Rim with palm tree" label.As well as 1Lps 9226A on side A and the same number ending with B on that side it has a small etching in the shape of a heart on side B.Wondering if this is an early pressing or maybe a second pressing?Can anyone shed any light on it?

jimboo
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by jimboo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:19 pm

My favourite John Martyn album. I think I have had every uk version at one time. Pink rim first issue I believe but they are all good quality.

ChadFromCanada
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by ChadFromCanada » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:15 am

jimboo wrote:My favourite John Martyn album. I think I have had every uk version at one time. Pink rim first issue I believe but they are all good quality.
It is the only one of his I own, but it is incredible. The fidelity is amazing. I didn't know much about his music before I found the album, but when I first listened to it I recognized "Don't Want To Know", having heard it covered by Blackie and the Rodeo Kings. Now that I've been reminded of it it's definitely going on the TT next :) .
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

darkdubh
Level 4
Level 4

Post by darkdubh » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:55 am

Ok,I'd like to know more about this "heart " pressing.Discogs mentions first presssings as having the word Sterling on the matrix though they can get it wrong sometimes.

darkdubh
Level 4
Level 4

Post by darkdubh » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Id be grateful if someone could shed any further light on this.

Return to “Matrix Numbers”