double-stamped label, worthless or not?

How to tell if your record is an original, reissued or import copy as well as info about misprinted record labels. Also includes info about colored vinyl and picture discs.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

Meniscus
Level 1
Level 1

double-stamped label, worthless or not?

Post by Meniscus » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Hello all, this is my first post. I've read various posts about mislabels and misprinted/misspelled labels but haven't found any posts that fit my particular situation.

I have a White Stripes Elephant album (the original 2003 pressing with the one red and one white LP) that has the Side D label double-stamped, and the label on top is so offset that it actually extends slightly into the groove runoff ring (the needle passes over the label). The label is also wrinkled and partially covers the spindle hole. Does that mean this album is worthless, does this sort of thing affect value one way or another? Aside from the label trespassing into the runoff ring, the album plays fine and the set overall is in excellent condition...

mackdaddyg
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by mackdaddyg » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:00 am

I'm not an expert, but to me, if the label goes into the grooves, it makes the record more of a curiosity, but otherwise worthless.

Then again, I buy them for listening purposes. Others may think it's a cool error.

jimboo
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by jimboo » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:36 pm

If it is not Beatles or Elvis screwed up labels are usually of no value.

StephenMacLeod
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by StephenMacLeod » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:52 pm

Could be of some value Jack White records are hot these days,but who knows.

Return to “Label Variations”