Who buys empty Black Sabbath album covers?

Tips and advice on buying and selling vinyl. Please use the <B>Records</B> forum to post your records for sale, or the <B>Your Wants</B> forum for records you are looking for.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

sandell
Level 4
Level 4

Who buys empty Black Sabbath album covers?

Post by sandell » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:36 pm

Hello, I have empty Black Sabbath album covers--what sites look for empty covers in general. Thanks

CactusCowboy
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

RE: Who buys empty Black Sabbath album covers?

Post by CactusCowboy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:47 am

I've seen and talked to a few people buying TUC (the usual crap) records in thrift shops for wall decoration, with no interest in the music. So there must be a market. I wouldn't expect to make much money doing this though. I sell dupe and unwanted LPs at a local consignment thrift shop and Beatles records will always sell no matter how badly trashed the vinyl is. I think it's the cover that's selling for two bucks.

mayerr
Level 3
Level 3

RE: Who buys empty Black Sabbath album covers?

Post by mayerr » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:51 pm

IHaven't seen a site but what I've done is keep themin case you are rummaging thru flea markets and come across an immaculate record with an average cover. Then you can replace the average cover with something better and sell it at a higher value.

wurlitzer1450
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Re: Who buys empty Black Sabbath album covers?

Post by wurlitzer1450 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:09 am

sandell wrote:Hello, I have empty Black Sabbath album covers--what sites look for empty covers in general. Thanks
try selling them to the people who stole the records from the covers in the first place. black sabbath was one of the most thieved artists when i had the record shops.
near the little town of nervous, new mexico

campp
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RE: Re: Who buys empty Black Sabbath album covers?

Post by campp » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:00 pm

I have a thing against throwing out NICE jackets with no records. They make good crate liners, and can also be used as packing when shipping LPs. Also, I ship discs inside orphan jackets so they don't cause seam split.
Steve

wurlitzer1450
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

RE: Re: Who buys empty Black Sabbath album covers?

Post by wurlitzer1450 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:09 pm

good idea campp, i use them for that also and they can be used to protect 78s for transport. if you live down south or back east and your car heater isn't putting out enough heat use one of those double lp covers to put in front of your radiator. just be sure you only cover the bottom one third or so.
near the little town of nervous, new mexico

Return to “Buying and Selling Questions”