different artist on each side of an album

Help me find the value of my records? <B>Please exercise due diligence in researching your items before posting to this forum.</B> The Helpful Hints sticky contains valuable resources. Also, <U>no buying or selling</U> and <U>no long lists or flooding</U>. Please use the <B>Your Wants</B> forum for records you are looking for.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

habsrule999
Level 1
Level 1

different artist on each side of an album

Post by habsrule999 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:04 pm

hi
i have this old Roberta Flack album, Killing them softly, When you play side 1 it is indeed Roberta flack on the whole side 1, but side 2 appears to be J Giels band for the whole side 2.?? not sure how this would have got pressed in the factory but i am curious how much something like this is worth if anything?? :D

mackdaddyg
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RE: different artist on each side of an album

Post by mackdaddyg » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:42 pm

General rule of thumb.....unless it is a collectible artist like the Beatles, a mispressed album isn't worth much. If anything (to me), it makes the record less valuable, since half of the lp isn't what you wanted.

Ms. Flack and the Geils band put out some tremendous music back in the day, but if you're looking for $$$$, this album probably won't be your answer.

habsrule999
Level 1
Level 1

Post by habsrule999 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:43 pm

hi
thanx for the reply.. Basically i have transferred all my vinyl to digital and need to get rid of the records. the only one that i thought "might" be worth something is this one. I was kinda just not wanting to see this album on the news selling for 100K and being the moron who gave it away.

thanx again for your reaponse

Graeme
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by Graeme » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Basically i have transferred all my vinyl to digital and need to get rid of the records.
On a technical and somewhat pedantic level, this is actually illegal.

Return to “Value”