FAQ: President Kennedy / JFK records

Help me find the value of my records? <B>Please exercise due diligence in researching your items before posting to this forum.</B> The Helpful Hints sticky contains valuable resources. Also, <U>no buying or selling</U> and <U>no long lists or flooding</U>. Please use the <B>Your Wants</B> forum for records you are looking for.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

FAQ: President Kennedy / JFK records

Post by cblgrl2002 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:02 am

I have an old record that is of President Kennedy's inogeration. it is still in the wrapper and has never been opened. Does anyone know how i can find out the value of this record or where to find a buyer??

Post by LPMAN » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:51 pm

Is this the album of his speech's?

Post by jackcapture » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:10 am

Kennedy albums book from $5-$25 in Near Mint. But I see these all the time and always in great condition. When he was killed, the wave of sympathy caused tons of people to buy these records as keepsakes. But let's be honest: who wants to listen to a record of speeches?! Bleh! But they kept them, many still sealed. As those people die off, into the thrift stores they go. I think the supply far outweighs the demand. I've seen them sit on Ebay with no bids. Maybe you could find a Kennedy collector out there somewhere outside of Ebay.

Post by cityboy » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:27 pm

I agree with Jack. (& maybe even less value)
I had a couple of these in my store for $4.00 each & it took me 6 months to sell them. I always see them at Salvation Army & Goodwill stores.

deadhead dave

Post by deadhead dave » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:10 pm

1 doller or less in salt lake city. I wont buy anymore as they are very common.

JFK records

Post by RDNZL » Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:00 pm

I have multiples of 3 different JFK vinyl titles from buying various estate sale collections & even a Robert Kennedy memorial LP, but like the other posters stated, they don't seem to be moving at all on eBay.

You might want to try listing in under a political memorabilia catagory instead, may have better luck.

(listening to Django Reinhardts "Djangologie Vol.1" right now)
<i>Erinnern Sie sich an Felsen u. rollen Radio?</i>

Level 1
Level 1

Non-music - "memorial album"

Post by luckey3 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:43 pm

I have a "memorial album" of John Fitzgerald Kennedy. It is a collection of his speeches etc. Since this is not a music album. Where do I go for information on its worth?

Post by annaloog » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:12 pm

Albums of JFK's speeches don't appear to be particularly collectible. Have a look here for previous discussions on this topic: http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/ph ... php?t=4723

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:04 pm

Thanks so much. This was very helpful.

Level 1
Level 1

JFK Memorial Album - sealed Value?

Post by Mommytootwo » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:36 pm

I have an album that was my husbands grandmothers. It is still sealed in the original plastic (though there are some holes in it). I am trying to determine it's value.

The front is a big picture of JFK, the back is a 18 smaller pictures of JFK doing various administrative activities. The center says John Fitzgerald Kennedy 1917-1963 "Ask not what your country can do for you as what you can do for your country." A Memorial Album His most Famous Speeches and Comments By, Barry Goldwatter, Adlai Stevenson, Vice Pres. L. B. Johnson, Sir Alec Home, Pope John XXIII

The bottom says Diplomat Records.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Return to “Value”