FAQ: Cut Outs... punch holes, corner cuts, saw cuts, etc.

Help me find the value of my records? <B>Please exercise due diligence in researching your items before posting to this forum.</B> The Helpful Hints sticky contains valuable resources. Also, <U>no buying or selling</U> and <U>no long lists or flooding</U>. Please use the <B>Your Wants</B> forum for records you are looking for.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

nealumphred
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by nealumphred » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:08 am

ANNALOOG

Grommet is more accurate than rivet.

CHADFROMCANADA

It's 3AM and I can't find a bloody ruler, but the grommet-thing was small . . .

NEAL

RidinTheWind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by RidinTheWind » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Just out of curiosity, what would be the approximate diameter on these grommets?
As I recall, about 1/4 inch in diameter.
Given Pennsylvania's terrain, I am surprised that the little rivet wasn't made from anthracite coal. It would last just as long as metal and, in a cold winter, it could always be burned as fuel . .

NEAL
Now, that would really make sense when you consider some really awful albums.
PS: Would you call that little metal circle a rivet? or something else?
How about a cut out ring?
Anyone who thinks he has a foolproof plan hasn't counted on the ingenuity of fools.

RidinTheWind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by RidinTheWind » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Just out of curiosity, what would be the approximate diameter on these grommets?
As I recall, about 1/4 inch in diameter.
Given Pennsylvania's terrain, I am surprised that the little rivet wasn't made from anthracite coal. It would last just as long as metal and, in a cold winter, it could always be burned as fuel . .

NEAL
Now, that would really make sense when you consider some really awful albums.
PS: Would you call that little metal circle a rivet? or something else?
How about a cut out ring?
Anyone who thinks he has a foolproof plan hasn't counted on the ingenuity of fools.

nealumphred
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by nealumphred » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:02 am

RIDINTHEWIND

"Ring" could be easily misconstrued as meaning "circle" therefore "hole" therefore probably wouldn't work

I kinda like grommet but who the hell knows what a grommet is? (I think if I were playing Balderdash I would throw grommet in as a French pastry)

I can't recall why I settled on rivet but al least people know what it is and it sorta fits . . .

NEALINTHEWIND

RidinTheWind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by RidinTheWind » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Actually, I have some grommets put away for a turntable. They are small soft rubbery plastic, about a half inch diameter and about a quarter inch tall with a hole in the middle. They are used on the supports of an electric motor in order to dampen vibrations and noise.

French pastry or something caught off the coast while fishing, as in: just had some barbecued grommets for dinner, were they good!

nealumphred
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by nealumphred » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:51 pm

RIDINTHEWIND

"French pastry or something caught off the coast while fishing, as in: just had some barbecued grommets for dinner, were they good!"

What in Grommet's name are you talking about, boy?

NEAL

PS: Actually, I used the word "bollard" as a French pastry in a game of Balderdash and bollards have something to do with boats and boats have something to do with fishing and barbequed fish probably have something to do with Kevin Bacon . . .

RidinTheWind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by RidinTheWind » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:29 pm

PS: Actually, I used the word "bollard" as a French pastry in a game of Balderdash and bollards have something to do with boats and boats have something to do with fishing and barbequed fish probably have something to do with Kevin Bacon . . .
LOL!
What in Grommet's name are you talking about, boy?
Ah, now, you're talking about Joe Grommet, the inventer of the left handed flush toilet, a great grandfather of Kevin Bacon :-))

nealumphred
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by nealumphred » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:29 pm

RTW

I have a Grommet toilet. Being SOOOO right-handed, I have to reach across meself to use the handle. When doing such (reaching across),one must be VERY careful that one is 100% completed with one's mission . . .

NEAL

ShadySam
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by ShadySam » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:18 pm

LMAO :lol:

nealumphred
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by nealumphred » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:10 pm

BIRTHDAYBOY

It's not funny when you reach too far and end up with six degrees of separation on on the floor . . .

NEAL

Return to “Value”