Is there a definitive rare classical vinyl guide

Help me find the value of my records? <B>Please exercise due diligence in researching your items before posting to this forum.</B> The Helpful Hints sticky contains valuable resources. Also, <U>no buying or selling</U> and <U>no long lists or flooding</U>. Please use the <B>Your Wants</B> forum for records you are looking for.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

Gerry
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a definitive rare classical vinyl guide

Post by Gerry » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Firstly thank you for accepting my request.

I have recently been left a large collection of old classical vinyl and have been wading through the collection very slowly but I'm getting there. :D

Although I have one recording that I cannot find anywhere I can find pictures of the artwork but no sign of ANY hard copies and I have searched all of the obvious sites, no sign of for sale either.

My question is there a definitive guide online to search for rare classical vinyl? because I've been looking for 3 days but to no avail

The recording in question is The 1924 D'Oyly Carte Princess Ida (on His masters voice) Cat No.D977 to D986 (a 10 piece 78rp album collection)

I'm completely stumped so any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Best Wishes

Gerry.

CaptainVague
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Re: Is there a definitive rare classical vinyl guide

Post by CaptainVague » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:36 pm

Welcome to the Guild Gerry. Classical LP's vary in price from worthless to valuable. Unfortunately they tend to be toward the worthless end of the scale. However, some can bring a few bucks if you can find the right collector. Below is a link to Popsike.com that has a little rough version of Princess Ida going for over $90 US. Remember that condition is everything. Searching Ebay sold listings will give you an idea of current value. Popsike searches past Ebay auctions that sold for higher value. Good luck!

https://www.popsike.com/Records-78rpm-G ... 50765.html
"In the 60's it was rock & roll, by the 70's they dropped the roll and called it rock, in the 80's MTV came along and it was more like professional wrestling." Tom Petty

Gerry
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Gerry » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:59 am

That's really helpful

Thank you. :D

rooster
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by rooster » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:27 pm

Welcome to the Guild, Gerry.

rooster
While the information he conveyed was interesting Rooster's communication skills need improvement. - Global_Dog_Productions

Return to “Value”