Attention Toronto, Ontario collectors!

Here you can make arrangements to meet other members at record shows, conventions, special events or at the local record shop. Include mapquest or google maps as attachments for better directions.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

alexleedrake
Level 2
Level 2

Post by alexleedrake » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:26 am

Greetings fellow vinyl junkies,

Wondering if anybody in the Toronto area is interested in getting together, possibly on a Saturday afternoon, to hit some downtown used vinyl shops or just to talk about collecting. My friends like music but none are collectors (don't care about first pressings, rare labels or obscure artists). I've been collecting for quite a while and am working on a database on 45s from the 60s/70s including many obscurities. Perhaps I have some info you could use and maybe there are things you may be able to tell me. I hesitated for a long while before posting this message because I know you all don't know me and I may not get a response. However I am sincere in my desire to meet other collectors and thought I'd give it a shot. If you like 60s/70s pop/rock especially British invasion, folk rock, garage, psych and even late 70s new wave and are at all interested please PM me. You may find it worth your while. That's all.

Regards,
Les

annaloog
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Re: Attention Toronto, Ontario collectors!

Post by annaloog » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:06 pm

alexleedrake wrote:... because I know you all don't know me and ....
I remember you from your posts and PMs a few years ago. As I recall, you had (hopefully, still have) most of the Elektra EK-45600 series singles, both the Canadian and US issues. Unfortunately I don't live in Toronto ... let alone within driving distance. Welcome back, all the same.

alexleedrake
Level 2
Level 2

Post by alexleedrake » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:12 am

Hi Annaloog. Yes I still have the Elektra 45s but haven't been able to add any new ones to the series. The ones I still need (about 4) seem to be impossible to find (if they even exist). Though I have a few Canadian 45s I mainly collect US pressings. Anyway, hope you're doing well and it's good to be back.

blockman
Level 2
Level 2

RE: Attention Toronto, Ontario collectors!

Post by blockman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:07 am

glad to see other Torontonians here I have been buying vinyl I like for years but not much of a collector when it comes to knowing whats what and whats super rare though ive learned to spot trash when I see it haha (i think) any tips or stores youd reccomend?

Return to “Meet me at.....”