RCA Date Codes

This area includes discography information by band, country or links to label sites that include all formats.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

Global_Dog_Productions
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by Global_Dog_Productions » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:25 pm

annaloog wrote:
Global_Dog_Productions wrote:... I have a feeling the system Annaloog is talking about started in 1951, probably at the end of the year, for a couple reasons....
These two April Stevens singles might help narrow the 1951 date a little bit more precisely*. Unfortunately, I don't have actual production or release dates for them.

-------------------------
* Absent official documentation from RCA, of course.
Here are actual release dates from RCA for the time span in question. Due to the size of these scans I posted them to my website.

http://www.globaldogproductions.info/an ... dates.html

annaloog
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by annaloog » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:21 am

Global_Dog_Productions wrote:Here are actual release dates from RCA for the time span in question. Due to the size of these scans I posted them to my website.
Thanks for the scans; interesting info. The catalog page appears to indicate that I have the sides for 47-4283 reversed.

At a guess, the record nos. for the three Eddy Arnold singles (47-4243/47-4245) had already been assigned a month or two before the album packaging was ready for release.

Global_Dog_Productions
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by Global_Dog_Productions » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:54 am

annaloog wrote:
Global_Dog_Productions wrote:Here are actual release dates from RCA for the time span in question. Due to the size of these scans I posted them to my website.
Thanks for the scans; interesting info. The catalog page appears to indicate that I have the sides for 47-4283 reversed.

At a guess, the record nos. for the three Eddy Arnold singles (47-4243/47-4245) had already been assigned a month or two before the album packaging was ready for release.
As they didn't get "NR" it appears they were reissues.

annaloog
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by annaloog » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:16 am

Global_Dog_Productions wrote:As they didn't get "NR" it appears they were reissues.
On 2nd look I see that 78-rpm nos. are not listed, despite there being a 78-rpm album release ... no LP release, either, unlike WP-331.

Global_Dog_Productions
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by Global_Dog_Productions » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:44 am

annaloog wrote:
Global_Dog_Productions wrote:As they didn't get "NR" it appears they were reissues.
On 2nd look I see that 78-rpm nos. are not listed, despite there being a 78-rpm album release ... no LP release, either, unlike WP-331.
Actually it does have a "NR" next to the album number, I was wrong. It was also issued on EP EPA-328. The 78s were released, I think it would have been after November of 1951 but obviously before February of 1952, see the bottom of the page.

http://www.globaldogproductions.info/annaloog/rca04.JPG

Return to “Miscellaneous”