Can seller reneg on BIN and re-list?

If you have experienced either a good or bad eBay deal on a record related material. Please post here.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

b-b-bubba

Can seller reneg on BIN and re-list?

Post by b-b-bubba » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:46 pm

I'm not sure what to do with this one.

I committed to purchased two Buy-It-Now albums from USA with international priority shipping to Canada listed at around $11.60 for the individual listings.

I requested cost for combined shipping and an invoice.

Seller responds today first says shipping is free. Right on I figure but still no invoice.

Seller responds a second time and states no delivery outside of USA and relists the records with shipping only in USA.

WTF can he do that? I am a 100% positive feedback buyer and always pay usually within 24 hours etc.

Any advice on what I should do? I would really like to have those albums.

User avatar
hrtshpdbox
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM
Posts: 5856
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Can seller reneg on BIN and re-list?

Post by hrtshpdbox » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Open a case against him. State that the auction you purchased listed a price for Canadian shipping, and that the seller reneged and relisted. Say you want the records, and with a good combined shipping cost.

b-b-bubba

Post by b-b-bubba » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Thanks mate. I think I'll do that. Just wasn't sure whether eBay had some provision for backing out of BIN.

On the down side I hope this doesn't result in some ugly transaction that I may regret.

User avatar
hrtshpdbox
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM
Posts: 5856
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Post by hrtshpdbox » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:05 pm

b-b-bubba wrote: On the down side I hope this doesn't result in some ugly transaction that I may regret.
If he draws a mustache on everyone on the LP covers, just demand and get a refund. I really have no sympathy for a seller who advertises int'l shipping and then backs out; even if he didn't intend on listing it that way, once the deal is done he's obligated to follow through. I assume he didn't even apologize?

b-b-bubba

Post by b-b-bubba » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:10 pm

No it was a pretty cold statement.

I sent a response kindly asking him to reconsider and ship to Canada as originally listed.

If no luck there then I will start the claim process.

b-b-bubba

Post by b-b-bubba » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:43 pm

So now I click on Customer Support to figure out how to file a claim and a pop-up window comes on stating that I have not paid on an item and recommends that I pay before a "Non-Payment" claim is filed against me.

again...WTF?

I hadn't started a claim I just clicked on Customer Support so I could, I had hoped, look at drop down menus.

I still have the "Purchased" listing with a PAY NOW option.

Should I try to go ahead and pay? Could the seller turn around and slap a non-payment on me out of spite?

User avatar
hrtshpdbox
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM
Posts: 5856
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Post by hrtshpdbox » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Problem is that seller just decided to relist without bothering to do a Cancel Transaction (which you, presumably, wouldn't have gone along with anyway). I know it's a pain in the ass, but you should probably call Ebay and describe the situation; alternatively, you could try paying (shipping price would suck, tho) and put the ball in the seller's court.

User avatar
j_loop
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:29 pm

Post by j_loop » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:53 pm

This is why I was surprised to hear he just re-listed it without canceling first. As you've noticed you still have a claim to those items. Paying now would certainly light a fire under him (especially if he's got bids on the re-listed auctions) and eBay would certainly support your end since the seller is responsible for honoring their listing, even if they made a mistake on it. Of course I don't know what the invoice says about shipping cost or what to expect there and I'm not sure how much you want to push the seller to ship to you.
As a seller who occasionally gets buyers who don't pay/respond I always cancel the transaction before I re-list for this exact reason. No way I want two people with a claim to an item.

b-b-bubba

Post by b-b-bubba » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:50 am

Just to bring you all up to date.

I decided it wasn’t worth filing a claim on the seller. Its not like the records are that rare and while a decent price he wasn’t giving them away. I could always find them from other sellers. It was just convenient that two records could have come from a single source thus saving a little on postage.

I finally was able to speak to someone from eBay. They reviewed my correspondence and understood my predicament. They explained that the Cancel Transaction request must be initiated on the seller’s end. They continued that it appeared the seller didn’t know how to cancel the transaction but there was nothing eBay could do about it.

They suggested I contact the seller and explain that he should call eBay and ask for assistance on how to do this. eBay went further to note on my account the situation and that there would not be any strikes imposed on my account in the event no Cancel Transaction was filed.

I sent a message to the seller asking him to contact eBay for assistance since it must be initiated on his end. After about a week I finally received the requests from the seller to Cancel Transactions. I agreed and I no longer have the Pay Now demands on my account.

I figure the seller was sick of seeing this incomplete transaction on his account and decided he better call eBay for assistance.

User avatar
SID
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR
Posts: 21173
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:21 pm

Post by SID » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:54 am

What albums were they,Bubba ?

Post Reply

Return to “Good and bad eBay deals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest