Beatles / Solo Original Studio Reel to Reel Tapes

This forum is to be used for the selling of records and record-related merchandise at <B>eBay.com</B> ONLY. All other topics such as your wants, questions, hyping of websites or the selling of non-record items should be listed on the appropriate board. Please, no long lists or flooding. <b>Messages will be deleted automatically after 10 days</b>.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

fab4
Level 2
Level 2

Beatles / Solo Original Studio Reel to Reel Tapes

Post by fab4 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:26 pm

Hello, if anyone is interested I currently have two very rare items up for auction on eBay.

The first auction is for two 1970 studio tapes featuring Ringo Starr. The first tape is Ringo performing his hit single It Don’t Come Easy. The tape is housed in a Scotch tape box with a Trident Studios label. This is the first mix of the recording and was not used as the released version. Beatles engineer Ken Scott mixed this tape and he has verified it as genuine.

The second tape is housed in a red EMI box with hand written details on the back of the box. The tape is called Nashville Freakout and was recorded during Ringo’s Nashville sessions. Engineer Bill Price has written the recording details on the back of the box.

The second auction is for three George Harrison reel to reel tapes. Two tapes feature George and his full band performing his song It Don’t Come Easy. One tape is on a 10” reel and the other tape is on a 7” reel. Recording speeds are 7 1/2 ips and 15 ips. Tapes are housed in a red and blue EMI boxes. No markings or info on the boxes. The tapes have been authenticated by Ken Scott who told me that George was looking for these tapes just before he died.

The third tape in this auction is George’s personal copy of Bob Dylan’s New Morning lp that was transferred to tape from an acetate copy given to George. This was done by EMI engineer Jim Ewins.

All tapes are in excellent condition, no shredding, no stickiness and no vinegar smells,

Check out my seller if fab4 on eBay

Thanks for looking.

mackdaddyg
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Re: Beatles / Solo Original Studio Reel to Reel Tapes

Post by mackdaddyg » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:13 pm

I won't be able to afford any of this stuff, but it sounds cool!!! Good luck.

Return to “eBay Record Auctions”