Bobby Freeman "The Duck" Single sided Blue Vinyl

This forum is to be used for the displaying of VERY RARE "<b>Super Collectible</b>" vinyl records. Prior to posting anything, <b>please read the first announcement</b> within this forum. <b>Please</b>, no buying or selling of recordings here. Please observe the "flooding" regulations here. This forum is for <b>records only</b>.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

msgisgoodforyou
Level 2
Level 2

Bobby Freeman "The Duck" Single sided Blue Vinyl

Post by msgisgoodforyou » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi. This may be the wrong place for this post, but as my other posts about this have gotten thousands of views without a single comment, I'm wondering if maybe someone in here might have seen one of these or have more information about it. Feel free to move this post if you need to, but if this is a one of a kind, does that make it super-collectable, or just super-rare? Thanks! All of my records came from a DJ cache, and are 90% promo copies. This is the only one that is colored. I haven't played it, but man it looks cool! Thanks!
Attachments
theduck copy.jpg
theduck copy.jpg (57.21 KiB) Viewed 723 times

annaloog
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Re: Bobby Freeman "The Duck" Single sided Blue Vi

Post by annaloog » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:56 am

msgisgoodforyou wrote:... but if this is a one of a kind, does that make it super-collectable, or just super-rare?
What makes a record "super collectible" in this forum is a verifiable "value" of at least US $250. Evidently what info. there is concerning your item, is not available to the regular Guild members, or someone would have posted a reply. Just a guess, but this might be a one-off produced by a bored press operator with too much time and blue vinyl on his hands.

heyjoe
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RE: Re: Bobby Freeman "The Duck" Single sided Blu

Post by heyjoe » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:34 pm

The only Bobby Freeman Duck 45s that show up on Popsike are UK pressings that go for about $40. I suspect there's a Freeman fan out there who would want this but Super Collectible? Not likely. And msg, you should check the "sticky" note at the top of the Value forum for tips about finding values. If you check Popsike and Collector's Frenzy and find nothing, it usually means a value less than $25. The blue vinyl does add some coolness and some rarity but probably not a lot of $$.

wurlitzer1450
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

RE: Re: Bobby Freeman "The Duck" Single sided Blu

Post by wurlitzer1450 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:14 pm

right guys, a record like this is only valuable if it's by one of the top level collectable artists like the beatles or E
near the little town of nervous, new mexico

msgisgoodforyou
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks!

Post by msgisgoodforyou » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:10 pm

Cool, cool...thanks for your responses...I figured it wasn't too valuable based on the other sales prices of "The Duck", but it had me intrigued to not find any info about it...back to my original idea I suppose...I think I'll make it the "blue moon" in on of my abstract landscape paintings! Thanks again!...

Return to “Super Collectibles”