Ebay bait and switch

This forum contains questions and answers pertaining to eBay.com. All may post to this board. No buying or selling of discs, annoucement of auctions or the advertising of sites at this forum.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

AudioGasoline
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by AudioGasoline » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:04 pm

RidinTheWind wrote:
But, are you saying a buyer might claim deception if the record plays better than described? Not impossible, I suppose.
No, I mean that he may buy the record and then run across another copy without the flaws. In other words, Murphy's Law might come into play.
Ahhh, I see what you mean... yes, good reason to use the qualifier "all copies I've come across so far".
Audio Gasoline: High Performance Turntable Fuel

nealumphred
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by nealumphred » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:41 am

FELLOW GUILDERS

I have addressed this/these issue(s) in many of my long outta print books and I believe I have here at RCG.

I have met collectors that have copies of my books so tattered and worn that I wouldn't even attempt to guess how many times the owner has used the damn things.

But . . . BUT, if I ask the collector what he has to say on the section in my book on grading, invariably he has not read it . . .

I have also stated in print something along the lines of "If 12 year old baseball card and comic book collectors can learn how to grade, why can't 40 year old record collectors?"NEAL

ShadySam
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by ShadySam » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:40 pm

nealumphred wrote:I have met collectors that have copies of my books so tattered and worn that I wouldn't even attempt to guess how many times the owner has used the damn things...
ha, so you've seen my 1985 copy, eh? :lol:

Return to “eBay Related Questions”