Favorite artists on bootleg?

This forum deals with the category of bootleg and unauthorized records. <b>Please, no buying, selling or trading of records here</b>.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

vinyl collector
Level 2
Level 2

Favorite artists on bootleg?

Post by vinyl collector » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:07 pm

What is your favorite artists on bootleg and/or do you collect bootlegs?

mackdaddyg
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Re: Favorite artists on bootleg?

Post by mackdaddyg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:11 am

When I was a teenager (mid to late 80s), I bought Doors bootlegs whenever I could find them. A few years later Badfinger replaced the Doors.

I've kept them all.

Nowadays, if I stumble across a boot for cheap, I'll buy it for nostalgia's sake if it's an artist I have some sort of interest in.

Honestly, given that there are so many live shows available online, boots seem to be unnecessary these days.

rooster
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Re: Favorite artists on bootleg?

Post by rooster » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:58 am

Back in the old days, I bought up all the boots of interest I could find. I had amassed quite a number of them. I had a ton of Grateful Dead boots, alone. I generally bought most of the boots, on vinyl, that came my way. The truth is though that while some of those bootlegs sounded really good, there were far more that sounded terrible. Caveat Emptor...so it goes...

rooster
While the information he conveyed was interesting Rooster's communication skills need improvement. - Global_Dog_Productions

Return to “Bootleg Record Questions”