Bob Dylan Bootleg Title?

This forum deals with the category of bootleg and unauthorized records. <b>Please, no buying, selling or trading of records here</b>.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

musicarchive
Level 2
Level 2

Bob Dylan Bootleg Title?

Post by musicarchive » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Found this without a cover. 11 tracks on the lp. Looked online at various websites and haven't determined what bootleg title this is.
Side 1 dead wax GF 601-/2 wb Side 2 GF 002-/2 wb
Anyone know what the bootleg title is? [CENTER]Image
Image[/CENTER]

rooster
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Re: Bob Dylan Bootleg Title?

Post by rooster » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:42 pm

I don't recall seeing that particular label, but assuming it says "Emitt Till" I would guess it's a boot of "The Death Of Emitt Till" by Dylan. The Song itself has been bootlegged since 1962 or '63 from various versions. it was on a boot entitled "The Witmark Demos" (Which has since been officially released on Bootleg Series #9...If I remember correctly). Another version was from "Folksingers Choice" a radio show from 1962, hosted by Cynthia Gooding. This version should have introductory remarks from Dylan himself. There have also been more obscure releases of the song (ie: "Broadside Ballads, Vol. 6: Broadside Reunion" from 1972, as By Blind Boy Grunt)

rooster
While the information he conveyed was interesting Rooster's communication skills need improvement. - Global_Dog_Productions

musicarchive
Level 2
Level 2

Post by musicarchive » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:31 pm

Rooster thanks for the reply and info.

mackdaddyg
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by mackdaddyg » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:44 pm

I'm assuming that it was originally a blank white label and the previous owner drew whatever you wanna call that on the labels.

Return to “Bootleg Record Questions”