THE SUN COLLECTION LP - UK Release Date

This forum contains questions and answers pertaining to records from Elvis Presley. All may post to this board. No buying or selling of discs or the advertising of sites at this forum.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

HamYardie
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

THE SUN COLLECTION LP - UK Release Date

Post by HamYardie » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:18 pm

Can anyone tell me the release date for the UK "Sun Collection" LP ? I'm thinking it was in 1975 ?

sun-rocker
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by sun-rocker » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:18 am

Hello HamYardie,
I can't tell you the release date for the UK, but here in Germany the LP was released in 1975. The first pressings don't have the LC number on the cover/label. This Labelcode was invented in 1975 and the LP came out before that time.

HamYardie
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by HamYardie » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:06 am

Cheers sun-rocker. I've had a poke about online and it's either June or July 1975. It was such a massive LP for me living in London at the time., as I wasn't really aware of the Sun material at the time - perhaps Roy Carr (of the New Musical Express) 's greatest contribution to the culture.

namralos
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by namralos » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:31 pm

There was more than one pressing, but HamYardie is correct in indicating that the first pressing came out in Summer, 1975 -- some sources say August. It was one of NME's top LP's of the year.
The material had already been released by RCA, but not all in one place (promoting his appearance on Sun).
Some of the songs on the album were the reprocessed (by RCA) versions. It took a few album reissues of the material to finally get the original "undistorted" versions as Sun had actually released them.

Return to “Elvis Presley Questions”