Hi Again :-)

This forum contains announcements and information about our members <b>only</b>. Please, post questions, the hyping of websites and items for sale at the appropriate forums.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

Steptoe
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Again :-)

Post by Steptoe » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:45 am

Only just found out that the site is back up and running! couldn't remember my old username (could have sworn it was 'monkeychops'), so started out with a new one.
Don't think i managed to post a huge amount back in the day (think i passed the 100 mark though!), but it was a daily check-in for me.
Anyways, a few years down the line, the collection has grown as has hopefully a little bit of knowledge.
Tried various facebook groups, but never really got into it (way too much crap out there) and for some reason couldn't get into the nearest equivalent site i could find (verygood+ they said i was banned for some reason, but had never been a member! think it might been/have been an invite only group!).
Anyhoo, good to be back and posting :-)
My site on 45Worlds, trying to catalog those dodgy cassettes that used to appear everywhere. Mainly because I find them a bit interesting and a little time capsule before they went legal

http://www.45spaces.com/semilegal-70s-80s-cassettes

B_big.
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Re: Hi Again :-)

Post by B_big. » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:06 pm

Steptoe wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:45 am
. . . Tried various facebook groups, but never really got into it (way too much crap out there)
. . . for some reason couldn't get into the nearest equivalent site i could find (verygood+ they said i was banned for some reason, but had never been a member! think it might been/have been an invite only group!) . . .
Anyhow, good to be back and posting :-)
  • First of all, welcome back Steptoe, nice to see one more former member return. Regarding the 'facebook' there are a few where former RCG members meet:
    There are others who appear occasionally in different facebook groups, for instance 'ShadySam'. I don't know why they prefer to use facebook, where their postings vanish not long after they had been posted . . . maybe it's because you cannot upload images on the new RCG straight. You have to use a workaround to do so.
    I have posted a 'HowTo' for each of the members, who doesn't know . . . but only a very few use this option.
. Image
https://www.vinylrotation.org/
the fine art of record cover & sleeve & more
berlin/germany/europe/planet earth/milky way/universe

Steptoe
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Steptoe » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:25 pm

Cheers B_Big,

Good to be back :D

I found this site invaluable to me when started collecting again, and i know it would be a great resource for anyone with a love of vinyl, hopefully more will come back and more will join from new - the site comes up near the top of any Google search for record collecting forums, so it looks like the word is getting out there.

I've been taking a look through and there are quite a few threads that haven't been updated in a while, but managed to post ok (with pictures) in the picture disc/colored vinyl thread, wasn't too hard, but yeah, it is easier on Facebook, but as you say, whatever you post is soon swallowed up and I find it difficult to re-find interesting articles.

Cheers
My site on 45Worlds, trying to catalog those dodgy cassettes that used to appear everywhere. Mainly because I find them a bit interesting and a little time capsule before they went legal

rooster
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by rooster » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:24 pm

Welcome back!!

Glad to see another member returning. There are only a couple of everyday members at the moment so, The forum is a little slow right now. I hope you find stuff to post and continue to hang around the RCG.

rooster
While the information he conveyed was interesting Rooster's communication skills need improvement. - Global_Dog_Productions

Steptoe
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Steptoe » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:26 am

Cheers Rooster,

Managed to see one of my old posts when i was browsing - my old username was 'chickenlips' (280 posts! more than i thought :D ), i'll stick with the new one though.

RidinTheWind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by RidinTheWind » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Another WELCOME BACK!
Anyone who thinks he has a foolproof plan hasn't counted on the ingenuity of fools.

Steptoe
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Steptoe » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:00 pm

Cheers RtW - good to be back and hopefully we can all get the forums nice and busy again :D

Return to “About Our Members”