Spammers.

This forum will contain announcements, requests and notices that pertain to the Record Collectors Guild or its members.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

rooster
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Spammers.

Post by rooster » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Hello all,

Sorry about the recent Spam attack. It was entirely my fault. I have (I believe) sorted it out. If anyone finds anything I missed, shoot me a PM and I'll take are of it.

Thanks for you're patience.

rooster
While the information he conveyed was interesting Rooster's communication skills need improvement. - Global_Dog_Productions

StephenMacLeod
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Re: Spammers.

Post by StephenMacLeod » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:33 pm

Reminded me of all the problems Graeme had with the other Guild site,I thought here we go again.

rooster
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by rooster » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:07 pm

I think graham just got overwhelmed with the sheer volume of spam/spammers. He also didn't have anything in place to stem the tide. The difference now is that new members can register but can't post until they're OK'ed by your friendly neighborhood Mods/Admins.

So far, so good.

rooster
While the information he conveyed was interesting Rooster's communication skills need improvement. - Global_Dog_Productions

B_big.
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by B_big. » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Curt! I hope, I didn't annoy you with my reports of spam postings too much. I thought, it would be best to fight back immediately, before they will become a confusing mass!
Again, thank you for your professional and speedy action!

RidinTheWind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by RidinTheWind » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:04 pm

I saw this thread on the spammers and my heart sank. I would hate to see the RCG go under again.

Thanks Rooster for taking care of it! I hope you now have all the tools necessary to take care of those losers.

rooster
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by rooster » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:28 pm

@ Falk:

I was certainly not annoyed by the reports. Feel free to hit the "report post" button anytime you see spam or alternately you
can send me a PM. I will take care of it as soon as possible.

@ Ridin

Well, I'm sure there are more tools we could use around here to make things easier but, for now, I think we have a handle on things at least as far as spam and spammers go. Weeding out the spammers from legitimate potential members is still a bit of an issue and the occasional spammer may get through but I'm counting on you and the rest of the faithful to help us keep the place up.

This is OUR forum and it's time we took it back from the spammers.

rooster

Return to “Guild Announcements”