"Satisfaction" 45 - White London Logo

This forum contains questions and answers pertaining to records from the Rolling Stones. All may post to this board. No buying or selling of discs or the advertising of sites at this forum.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

wand143
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

"Satisfaction" 45 - White London Logo

Post by wand143 » Fri May 23, 2014 10:06 am

I just picked up an upgrade (yes, NM copies of this record do exist, folks) of "Satisfaction" but with the white London logo, the same as most copies of "The Last Time" are found. So is this a first pressing or were they using up "old" labels to meet demand?
"That big ol' hole, little bitty record...nobody's gonna buy that!" - Carl Perkins, 1956

annaloog
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

RE: "Satisfaction" 45 - White London Logo

Post by annaloog » Fri May 23, 2014 11:54 am

Mentioned (as a 'variant'), but w/o any examples yet on 45cat. 'White LONDON' examples of The Moody Blues' "Go Now" (London LON 9726) are Columbia-Pitman NJ (styrene) pressings.

namralos
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by namralos » Sun May 25, 2014 2:33 am

That could be the true first pressing.

Copies exist for the Bachelors' "Marie" (London 9762), reviewed in Billboard on May 29, 1965.

"Satisfaction" was reviewed on June 5th.

If the earlier label (purple/white with ovals) lasted until at least mid-March, a transitional label of 2.5 months would be reasonable.

I wonder if the Moody Blues "Bottom of My Heart" exists that way. I haven't seen one, but I admit that I haven't searched for a copy, either.

Return to “Rolling Stones Questions”