Seeking some Capitol 72000 series 45s

If you are looking for any music related items, list them here. This includes records, tapes, CD's, equipment and accessories, etc. Please, no selling or hyping of websites or commercial services here.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

I_AM_CANADIAN
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Seeking some Capitol 72000 series 45s

Post by I_AM_CANADIAN » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:01 pm

Looking for any and all of the following 45s from the Capitol of Canada 72000 series on the swirl label, in playable condition. I live in St. Catharines, Ontario right now. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out! (:

Tony Renis - Quando quando quando/Blue - 72030
The John Barry Seven - The James Bond Theme/Blacksmith Blues - 72064
The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over/I Know You - 72138
The Roulettes - Bad Time/Can You Go - 72155
Sounds Incorporated - The Spartans/Detroit - 72156
Sounds Incorporated - Hall of the Mountain King/Time For You - 72255
The Arrows - Apache '65/Blue Guitar - 72217
The In Crowd - That's How Strong My Love Is/Things She Says - 72265
The Downliners Sect - All Night Worker/He Was a Square - 72337
The Yokohama Ramblers - Yokohama Nights (Happiness)/Yokohama Nights (Sadness) - 72386
Yemm and the Yemen - Black Is the Night/Do Blondes Really Have More Fun? - 72428
Keith Relf - Shapes in My Mind/Blue Sands - 72240
The Smoke - My Friend Jack/We Can Take It - 72462
The E-Types - Put the Clock Back on the Wall/4th Street - 72465
He who would be free must not conform- Oscar Wilde

annaloog
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Re: Seeking some Capitol 72000 series 45s

Post by annaloog » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:59 am

I_AM_CANADIAN wrote:... The Yokohama Ramblers - Yokohama Nights (Happiness)/Yokohama Nights (Sadness) - 72386 ....
Interesting to know this somewhat obscure 45 was issued in Canada on Capitol. I have a copy of the US Tower single (#240) w/custom sleeve.

I_AM_CANADIAN
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Re: Seeking some Capitol 72000 series 45s

Post by I_AM_CANADIAN » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:45 pm

annaloog wrote:
I_AM_CANADIAN wrote:... The Yokohama Ramblers - Yokohama Nights (Happiness)/Yokohama Nights (Sadness) - 72386 ....
Interesting to know this somewhat obscure 45 was issued in Canada on Capitol. I have a copy of the US Tower single (#240) w/custom sleeve.
Frustratingly, I saw this single (and a few of the others on my list) at a flea market this weekend, but while it looked interesting, I hadn't heard of the group and left it behind. When I went back the next day, after doing a little research, someone else had gone through the pile of "maybes" I'd stupidly left in a neat stack and picked out this one and a number of others. Hrngh. :( I'm especially irritated with myself because this flea market just opened recently and I might have been the first one, or one of the first ones, to dig through the disorganized bins of 45s, so I did someone else's work for them.

So far as I can tell from looking at discographies, in the late 60s Capitol of Canada released a number of more obscure Tower recordings.
He who would be free must not conform- Oscar Wilde

Return to “Your Wants”