another non-butcher cover

This forum contains questions and answers pertaining to records from the Beatles. All may post to this board. No buying or selling of discs or the advertising of sites at this forum.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

mackdaddyg
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by mackdaddyg » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:52 pm

You don't do your own ebay stuff?

namralos
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by namralos » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:55 pm

Indeed...I agree with mackdaddyg: You sort of got robbed.

wurlitzer1450
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by wurlitzer1450 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:09 am

i don't have time to sell records individually although i do for rcg members., i wholesale many large collections so i spend all my time out traveling searching for large collections to buy. i don't ship, i don't make lists, and i don't advertise either, it's just word of mouth and you must pick them up at near the little town of nervous, new mexico. i'm so cheap i'm able to sell almost everything i buy. the small number what i can't sell i give away.
near the little town of nervous, new mexico

Mikey
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by Mikey » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:11 am

It looks to me like the front cover of that record is on the back and vice versa. ie: it's a "tip-on" style jacket. the front usually wraps around three edges of the cardboard shell and then the back has a paste-over which goes almost all the way over those edges. This has the reverse. Never seen that before.

annaloog
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by annaloog » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:55 am

Mikey wrote:It looks to me like the front cover of that record is on the back and vice versa. ie: it's a "tip-on" style jacket. the front usually wraps around three edges of the cardboard shell and then the back has a paste-over which goes almost all the way over those edges. This has the reverse. Never seen that before.
US Capitol used the paste-over for the liner and the coated 4-color slick for the cover graphics. It's a rather distinctive look for album graphics (if you're into that), compared with, say, Columbia/Epic's and most other companies' album covers, and possibly a little cheaper to produce on a large scale.

Return to “Beatles Record Questions”