Coolest Beatles or Beatles related disc in your collection?

This forum contains questions and answers pertaining to records from the Beatles. All may post to this board. No buying or selling of discs or the advertising of sites at this forum.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

Ernie11
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by Ernie11 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:08 pm

recordfan wrote:Here are a couple of my better items:

The reason for the Ep's inclusion, is that it is factory sealed. I don't think there are many of those around.
I had always heard that some Beatles EP's were sealed in shrink, but this is the first time I'd seen that one sealed. I have the Vee Jay "Souvenir..." EP still sealed, and it's one of my prized items.

The Radio Play flexi by John and Yoko is my other cool one.
Attachments
Lennon_evatone2.jpg
Lennon_evatone2.jpg (20.27 KiB) Viewed 814 times
Lennon_evatone1.jpg
Lennon_evatone1.jpg (14.36 KiB) Viewed 814 times

servi
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by servi » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Wow Ernie11, great disc!!!This is the first time I actually see a picture of this one (just knew it existed). An extremely valuable record. Is the magazine included as well ?

lamas
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM
Location: Warwick ( 8 miles NE of Stratford Upon Avon ) England

Post by lamas » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:59 am

It is Saturday morning......and I have just enjoyed reading through all he posts on this thread

My last year at school was 1962 / 3

When I started that year LOVE ME DO had not been released........when it WAS released it was just another record......one I liked but not one I bought

........................and then they took off

American records died over here in 1963................trying to find the UK copy of a US hit inthat year is HARD

I bought SHE LOVES YOU and CAN'T BUY ME LOVE.................and that was it.............. apart from a GERMAN ODEON release imported into the UK that featured ROLL OVER BEETHOVEN ( which I rreally enjoy ) on one side and I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND ( a track I have never EVER liked ) on the other

My friends at the time had the first album so I was VERY familiar with the tracks

My EX wife liked the BEATLES .and she had RUBBER SOUL.............but we were divorced 30 years ago this year.and I have not seen that copy since

I nearly forgot I bought the UK " double EP " of MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR at the time it came out .but sold that some years ago............I always rather liked BLUE JAY WAY the instrumental

Many years ago the EMI isuued two budget albums BEATLES ROCK n ROLL on MUSIC FOR PLEASURE.....I have both those and they contain just about my favourite tracks..................and to think they sold them to me CHEAP

..................what was interesting about this thread was to see some long time members who you rarely if ever see " re-appear "

Sorry I have had nothing rare to talk about

Head Gardener
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by Head Gardener » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:51 pm

This US 7" is the oddest Beatles related record I have, it's a pretty crap rewrite of
'Starting Over' with 'Gun Control' replacing the title to the same tune.
It's B side is his version of 'Revolution #9' titled 'Revolution #2' which samples
various Beatles/Lennon tunes and The Rolling Stones 'We Love You' - it's odd but
sadly rubbish. I do love the little drawing on the label though, it even has Yoko
standing there with her back to him, cheeky!

T-Bone
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by T-Bone » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:11 pm

wand143 wrote:Is that all you have is the sleeve, or did you get the image from somewhere?
I just borrowed the picture from the Internet.

kollektionist
Level 2
Level 2

Post by kollektionist » Mon May 03, 2010 6:32 am

Definitely a white label demo of (UK) Apple 1002 : You know my name / What's the new Mary Jane. Regular vinyl, plain white labels, stamped matrixes.
I don't want to use the word "unique" but I don't know of another copy...

wand143
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by wand143 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:33 pm

OK, kollektionist, you have GOT to back that up with a copy if you can. I would be thrilled to see what you've got.
"That big ol' hole, little bitty record...nobody's gonna buy that!" - Carl Perkins, 1956

kollektionist
Level 2
Level 2

Post by kollektionist » Mon May 24, 2010 6:04 am

Will this do ? ;)

[/img]
Attachments
Mary Jane.jpg
Mary Jane.jpg (21.7 KiB) Viewed 586 times

wand143
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by wand143 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:09 pm

I take it that the label is completely blank?
"That big ol' hole, little bitty record...nobody's gonna buy that!" - Carl Perkins, 1956

kollektionist
Level 2
Level 2

Post by kollektionist » Fri May 28, 2010 3:39 am

wand143 wrote:I take it that the label is completely blank?
Yes. Solid center, no push-out.
Usually this sort of label has title and artist handwritten on it. This one doesn't.

Return to “Beatles Record Questions”