How long to wait after cleaning with solution?

This forum contains tips on the cleaning and care of your records. Questions and answers may be posted if they stay within this topic.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

philiprollett
Level 2
Level 2

How long to wait after cleaning with solution?

Post by philiprollett » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:14 pm

hi all,

After cleaning a record with a small amount of cleaning fluid how long should I wait to play it? Plus is it okay to put straight back in the sleeve straight away? or should I wait a while?

cheers

aravel
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RE: How long to wait after cleaning with solution?

Post by aravel » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:07 pm

::: Let's wait, and be sure if the record is completely dry...hold the record and make a visual inspection...is it dry? if not sure, pass again that soft cloth following the grooves...then go to the turntable and play it...if is not going to be played, then a new paper inner sleeve or polybag should be used for a proper storage...don't you love to do this in a slowly, relaxed, cooled down way, my friends?

ARAVEL 8)

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

philiprollett
Level 2
Level 2

Re: RE: How long to wait after cleaning with solution?

Post by philiprollett » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:56 pm

aravel wrote:::: Let's wait, and be sure if the record is completely dry...hold the record and make a visual inspection...is it dry? if not sure, pass again that soft cloth following the grooves...then go to the turntable and play it...if is not going to be played, then a new paper inner sleeve or polybag should be used for a proper storage...don't you love to do this in a slowly, relaxed, cooled down way, my friends?

ARAVEL 8)
Great thanks my friend. So i can put my record back in its sleeve straight after cleaning? Just make sure its completely dry if i'm playing it straight away?

there is something soothing about cleaning vinyl haha

B_big.
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

A never ending story

Post by B_big. » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:00 pm

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .Image
    • Philiprollett, we have this topic constantly, here are various ways and opinions! . Image

The record certainly has to be dry completely, before storing it into a brand new poly inner sleeve!
. Image
https://www.vinylrotation.org/
the fine art of record cover & sleeve & more
berlin/germany/europe/planet earth/milky way/universe

RidinTheWind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RE: A never ending story

Post by RidinTheWind » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 pm

I always clean many records during a cleaning session. I immediately dry them off after cleaning (this removes the muck) and I keep them in the order that they are cleaned. By the time I'm done, two or more hours have passed. I go over one more time with a dry clean towel, then play them in the order they were cleaned and put them in sleeves and jackets. This allows plenty of time for them to be completely dry.
Anyone who thinks he has a foolproof plan hasn't counted on the ingenuity of fools.

Return to “How do I clean and maintain my collection?”