vinylunderground--what do you do with pic discs by unknowns?

This forum deals with the category of picture discs and colored vinyl records. <b>Please</B> use the Record Gallery forum to display your picture and colored vinyl discs. <b>Please, no buying or selling</b> of records, or hyping of web sites here.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

rooster
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

vinylunderground--what do you do with pic discs by unknowns?

Post by rooster » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:29 pm

i figured you might be able to tell me if there's is any reason to hang onto pic discs by complete unknowns. i found one in the discount bins of a used record store. i bought it without paying much attention to what it was because it was cheap and hey, it's a picture disc.

the rooster

prancinghorse
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by prancinghorse » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:51 pm

that's pretty simple from my point of view rooster, we hang onto them because they are unusual and we are collectors...

Peter

rooster
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by rooster » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:55 pm

and maybe one day, it'll come out that this disc was actually by the reunited beatles who recorded it in secret and then it'll be worth a fortune.

the rooster :wink:

prancinghorse
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by prancinghorse » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:59 pm

just in case you detect someting like this please let me know in advance and I will try to get a few of those.. :lol:

Peter

rooster
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by rooster » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:07 pm

peter,

you can count on me. if i ever become privy to such information you'll be the first person i contact. maybe we can horde them and make a killing on the world-wide market!!!

the rooster

prancinghorse
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by prancinghorse » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:12 pm

rooster,

sounds good to me - that would be a US-German monopoly reigning the worldwide Beatles market... And we would surely restrict this from being burned onto damn CDs.. :lol: :lol:
"How can I kiss your lips at night, when you chew my a-- out all day long." - Terry Paul Nelson aka terryquasi (July 14th 1947 - July 11th 2009)

rooster
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by rooster » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:15 pm

peter,

a u.s.-german monopoly on the beatles...AAaaahhh...just like the good old days. i can't wait.

the rooster

prancinghorse
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by prancinghorse » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:32 pm

Rooster,

I can't wait too ...

BTW: to me it looks like this is going to develop into a two-party communication - the only guys posting are you and me...
"How can I kiss your lips at night, when you chew my a-- out all day long." - Terry Paul Nelson aka terryquasi (July 14th 1947 - July 11th 2009)

rooster
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by rooster » Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:11 am

as most of these threads turn out to be (two party communications, i mean). although someone with some insight may come in and rescue us.

hey vinylunderground!!!!!!! where are you?!?!? there's aquestion here in your field of expertise.

the rooster

vinylunderground
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by vinylunderground » Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:08 am

Rooster,

Sorry about the delay in posting. For the most part, I don't bother with the unknown artist unless it has some other redeeming value. There are so many picture discs available, I would literally go broke if I attempted to acquire them all.

Some reasons for snagging an unknown disc might include the graphics, the shape, the members (member of a priviously known group), the price (free is best!), etc.

I will add, what is unknown to me, might be a god to another. I will let him/her buy it.

Regards,

Return to “Picture Discs and Colored Vinyl Records Questions”