Pink Floyd-Darkside of the Moon--Gold Vinyl

This forum deals with the category of picture discs and colored vinyl records. <b>Please</B> use the Record Gallery forum to display your picture and colored vinyl discs. <b>Please, no buying or selling</b> of records, or hyping of web sites here.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

ronimous
Level 4
Level 4

Pink Floyd-Darkside of the Moon--Gold Vinyl

Post by ronimous » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:48 pm

"PINK FLOYD THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON LP NEW AUDIOPHILE SOUND LAB 111001 DE"

"New #'d Ltd ed pressing (617/1000) on 165 gram gold vinyl with clear cover, new liner notes."

Anyone have any of these or know anything about them? Looks like a semi clear gold vinyl with a grey pyramid on the label.

Is this legit or some sort of bootleg? Never heard of the company before.

http://www.gemm.com/store/50000WATTS/it ... 1899456652

weletthegoldfishgo
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

RE: Pink Floyd-Darkside of the Moon--Gold Vinyl

Post by weletthegoldfishgo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Sorry I didn't see this thread until today. I dunno about this limited edition, but I can't get too excited about it. There are plenty of great sounding copies of DSOTM, and it states right there in the description that this is noisy to play. And it's from Audiophile Sound Lab? It's not something that I would seek as a collectible today or in the future since it seems to look like just another disc created to make money by someone out there in record land.

But if you want anything Pink Floyd, then I guess it would be cool enough. There are so many different to choose from of DSOTM. Why not try a UK 1st issue solid blue triangle for anywhere form $400-$800? They say it sounds best. Or you could get a nice Japan issue for less than $100, or a MFSL for less than $30.
The artist's life is the best life, if he can survive the first 40 years of it. --Thomas Hart Benton

ronimous
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ronimous » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:03 pm

I went ahead and bought it. 15 bucks. After doing some research it seems to be a bootleg of some sort. Sound isn't all that bad. I'll keep it as a novelty piece.

I have the legit DSOTM picture disc and the MFSL.

Rafter242
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by Rafter242 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:45 am

Good for you. I have also bought boot copies of albums I like on colored vinyl just to have the variant and a more complete/varied collection.
Example, I bought NIN - The Downward Spiral on purple vinyl #261.
Always looking for the odd and obscure on vinyl.

Return to “Picture Discs and Colored Vinyl Records Questions”