Kiss this Picure Disc

This forum deals with the category of picture discs and colored vinyl records. <b>Please</B> use the Record Gallery forum to display your picture and colored vinyl discs. <b>Please, no buying or selling</b> of records, or hyping of web sites here.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

Shooter
Level 1
Level 1

Kiss this Picure Disc

Post by Shooter » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:23 am

I have a kiss picture disc 0n arc label titled Lire in Rome, evidently a live album.
It has the band on the front and a woman giving head on the other side, and a man in speedos on that side as well...
How can I find out it's approximate value?

SID
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by SID » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Obviously a boot ! Find a Kiss website.There are plenty of them,and inquire on there.

HeavenlyHorizon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by HeavenlyHorizon » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Hello there. well that answer is correct, it is a boot, however, many boots hold value. i just sold one to a dealer for 100.00 and he will put it out for 200.00...and get it i know that for sure. i have seen them on ebay go from 79.00 to 180.00. so its a crapshoot. i suggest you keep it. but in answer to your search. i would venture to say that 100.00 plus is reasonable. they show up now and then

zb420
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by zb420 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:50 pm

What about the solo Picture Discs they did for Casablanca in the 80's.
I have two sealed copies left, Paul Stanley and Criss.
What do you think these might bring in.
I did get $60 for Simmons'.

CTcollector
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by CTcollector » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:38 am

Although I am by no means a Kiss authority, I do recall that those solo albums (picture discs and regular LP's) had a couple of 'problems' with them. First off, they went very quickly from being hot new releases, to lingering in $1.99 cut-out bins, therefore they are often more difficult to find without notches or cut corners. The second problem was that the almost all-black covers have often not aged well over time, showing considerable ring wear, etc. With that said, I think that you might find a decent market of the picture disc in the $30.00 range - but of course, that is highly dependent on the overall condition, as stated above. I think that getting $60 for the Simmons album might have been a aberration.

Return to “Picture Discs and Colored Vinyl Records Questions”