MAD MIKE MOLDIES Volume II

This forum deals with the category of picture discs and colored vinyl records. <b>Please</B> use the Record Gallery forum to display your picture and colored vinyl discs. <b>Please, no buying or selling</b> of records, or hyping of web sites here.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

stephenjaye
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

MAD MIKE MOLDIES Volume II

Post by stephenjaye » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi All,

A previously unknown color-wax version of the Mad Mike Moldies Volume II LP was recently sold on eBay- Does anyone in the Guild have (or know of) another copy pressed on color vinyl? First one I've become aware of since the LP was issued almost 50 years ago.

There were four legitimate LPs produced in the series but color vinyl is usually found on Volume 5 or the Volume One reissue; in both instances, the record label reads "OLDIES".

stephenjaye
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RE: MAD MIKE MOLDIES Volume II

Post by stephenjaye » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:37 pm

Update: No one has come forth with information as to another color wax copy of the Mad Mike Moldies Volume II LP. Information from the seller has it that the LP was obtained from a Pittsburgh collector who was a Mad Mike groupie, following him from one dance venue to another. Most likely it was originally Mad Mike's personal copy and was traded for some other obscure record. Here's a link to photos:

http://www.janceemusic.com/Mad_Mike/vol2-purplewax.htm

Dollar values meant little to Mad Mike in his hunt for obscurities- I received my Mad Mike Moldies Volume Six rekkid from him in trade for a Guest Star compilation LP he'd somehow overlooked! When I told him my record was not nearly as rare as his LP, he just gave me that Mad Mike smile and simply asked that I keep the name of my LP a secret. Good memories!!! :)

Return to “Picture Discs and Colored Vinyl Records Questions”