Large Record Collection For Sale

This forum is to be used for the selling and trading of records <b>ONLY</b>. Please, <b>no eBay record auctions, or any other online selling sites here</b>! All other topics such as your wants, questions, hyping of websites or the selling of non-record items should be listed on the appropriate board. <b>Please</b>, no long lists or flooding.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

bminnh
Level 1
Level 1

Large Record Collection For Sale

Post by bminnh » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:13 am

My mom is selling a collection that my dad had. He passed away, and my mom doesn't want to take the time to sell them a little at a time. She is selling aprox. 11,000 single 45's. All in mint to near mint, in sleeves, not picture sleeves though. Most of these came from a radio station, so there a lot of vee-jay/d-j/promo's. Most of them are Rock and Roll and they are mostly from the 50's and 60's, but also up to 1985. The record are in northern Georgia. Anyone interested please contact me bradymaynard@yahoo.com.

aravel
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RE: Large Record Collection For Sale

Post by aravel » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:48 pm

:::.... sounds like someone will have cash soon...

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

StephenMacLeod
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by StephenMacLeod » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:02 pm

good luck to whoever gets these,sounds like a nice collection.

45rpm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by 45rpm » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:01 pm

This same collection was offered in July of 2013 as well but they still have it. My guess is that it isn't as nice as it might sound.

wurlitzer1450
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by wurlitzer1450 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:04 pm

ty 45rpm for confirming my suspicions about this collection, when i talked to the guy on the phone things just didn't add up right.
near the little town of nervous, new mexico

bminnh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bminnh » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:47 pm

I'm not sure if this is the same collection that was offered in July 2013, because I don't remember posting it. The reason the collection is still for sale, is because neither me or my mom are sure how to sell it, or what to ask. No one has come to look at them. Yes this is a great collection, for the right person. I just talked to my mom and she is willing to lower her price to $20,000 O.B.O. If anyone is still interested.

throbbingpuppy
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by throbbingpuppy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Your best be to get high return is to part it out , but that will require you to research each record and sell them yourself. Failing that, someone will need to do that work for you, so I doubt you will find anyone willing to spend 20,000 at one time on 11,000 singles. Best of luck with selling them whatever you decide to do.

vinylvillela
Level 5
Level 5

Post by vinylvillela » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:34 am

unrealistic at best.

you'd be better off selling it in genre lots.

you'll never sell it for that. sorry to burst your bubble,
but someone needs to.

i miss the old days before ebay when records weren't thought of as gold.

wurlitzer1450
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by wurlitzer1450 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:12 pm

i would gladly pay 20K for 20,000 45s if there were enough good ones in the lot to make it worthwhile. there's something wrong with a collection of this size that doesn't contain at least several hundred good records, makes me think someone like me has looked thru it and bought the best ones for a higher price.
near the little town of nervous, new mexico

45rpm
Level 5
Level 5

Re: RE: Large Record Collection For Sale

Post by 45rpm » Wed May 14, 2014 4:08 pm

bminnh wrote:I'm not sure if this is the same collection that was offered in July 2013, because I don't remember posting it. The reason the collection is still for sale, is because neither me or my mom are sure how to sell it, or what to ask. No one has come to look at them. Yes this is a great collection, for the right person. I just talked to my mom and she is willing to lower her price to $20,000 O.B.O. If anyone is still interested.
Memory refresher:
bminnh wrote:I am selling a collection of around 11,000 45's that range from 1948 to 1985 most are in great if not better condition. some are vee-jay or promo copies, mostly rock and roll. Elvis, Beatles, Beach Boys. all the way up to 1980's like Duran Duran and Cindy lauper. I have a complete list of everything included with record numbers. Please send me an E-Mail if interested @ bradymaynard@yahoo.com

Return to “Records”