Deleted a post/selling of illegal items

This forum is to be used for the selling and trading of records <b>ONLY</b>. Please, <b>no eBay record auctions, or any other online selling sites here</b>! All other topics such as your wants, questions, hyping of websites or the selling of non-record items should be listed on the appropriate board. <b>Please</b>, no long lists or flooding.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

CactusCowboy
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Deleted a post/selling of illegal items

Post by CactusCowboy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:27 pm

I'd like to welcome a new member. Sorry to say, I felt it necessary to delete his/her first post.

Here's the RCG policy regarding bootlegs:

"Hi everyone,

I have been watching this ongoing saga about the buying and selling of boots at this message board. The "official" view of the Record Collectors Guild is as follows.

We DO NOT sanction the buying or selling of illegal materials in these forums.

That being said, we cannot control what transpires between collectors, within PMs or e-mails. Nor do we mind the linking to "educational" sites that contain bootleg recordings.

These rules have been established for one reason only. We cannot afford to be sued or dragged into court. Nor do we have the finances to retain an attorney.

The Record Collectors Guild is here to educate and entertain record collectors from around the globe. We cannot (nor desire) to act as a police force in regards to the buying or selling of the intellectual property of others.

This organization has been around since 1997. We would like to be around for another 10 years.

Regards,
Jeff Bender
Webmaster,
The Record Collectors Guild"

Return to “Records”