KISS ALIVE and KISS ALIVE II -- albums?

This forum is specifically dedicated to the category of Rock and Metal music including Acid and Psychedelic. You may discuss any and all aspects of these genres of music. Please no buying or selling of items at this board.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

Virtualman64
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Virtualman64 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:58 am

I'm not sure about Alive 2.But,I know for a fact Alive! was shall I say tinkered with in the studio from the ground up except for the drums.I've heard Eddie Kramer,and the boys all say so in interviews.What the hell it still rocks!Also,I think it started the live album trend of the 70's!

CaptainVague
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by CaptainVague » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Virtualman64 wrote:Also,I think it started the live album trend of the 70's!
I don't think so. Kiss Alive reached Billboard #9. 3 months later Frampton comes Alive reached #1 for 10 weeks, but that's in 75 & 76.

Long before those two, Hendrix's Band of Gypsies reached #5 in 1970. Later that year about a month before his death Reprise released the Historic Performances Monterey with one side Otis Redding and one side Jimi. A month after Jimi died Rainbow Bridge was released with a whole side of live Jimi, and a year later in 1972 Hendrix in the West was released.

Of course Jimi was also on the LP I say started the Live trend of the 70's ...Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More. released in May of 1970 this LP hit Billboard #1 for 5 weeks knocking The Beatles "Let it Be" out of the top spot.

The Stones Get your Ya Yas Out reached #9 in 1970 (#1 in the UK).
The Door Absolutley Live in 1970 went Gold. Lots and lots more long before Kiss. FWIW 8)
"I never liked the term Southern Rock, I find it redundant. Just because some old boy started playing it on his radio show in Cleveland doesn't make rock and roll come from the North." Gregg Allman

vinylhound
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by vinylhound » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:53 am

Rolling Stones Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!

Part of it was recorded not far from where I am typing this.

Return to “Rock/Hard Rock/Heavy Metal”