When I'm Not Listening To Punk

This forum is specifically dedicated to the category of Punk/New Wave. You may discuss any and all aspects of this genre of music. Please no buying sell selling of items at this board.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

turn_coat
Level 3
Level 3

When I'm Not Listening To Punk

Post by turn_coat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:56 am

What's bleeding your ears besides punk? Who cares if it is vinyl or not, if it is feel free to brag, though.

Old-Soul
Level 3
Level 3

RE: When I

Post by Old-Soul » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:17 am

So...metal? Haha.

I dig lots of 60's (and 60's style) garage, proto-punk and surf as well as some metal.

But honestly, anything turned up loud enough is going to make your ears bleed man. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to crank up some Christmas charols till the windows shatter.
So just forget all the regrets
That keep haunting you
They aren't worth your time
And just forget all those days
That dragged on for miles and miles
Leave them all behind

turn_coat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by turn_coat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:56 am

I think you need to get your head checked with that Christmas Carol blasting. haha

BIZ MARKIE - Greatest Hits
RIZ ORTOLANI - Cannibal Holocaust Soundtrack

Dr.Dark
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Dr.Dark » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 pm

Ok turn coat, you asked for it: blues/r&b (mostly before 1970), instro & garage, britsh comedy, and I'm just getting into contemporary "classical" music, especially string quartets and electronic stuff (Stockhausen, Ligeti). Oh - and a special favourite is 4'33'' by John Cage ;-)

savagebeat
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by savagebeat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Lots of stuff from classic country stuff to some folk, but outside of 70's through now punk it would mainly be early to mid 40's jump blues. 20's - 50's blues, 50's R&B, Rockabilly, 60's surf and instrumental and 60's garage as well as I guess what gets called frat from the 60's like the Wailers(the Fabulous, not the Jamaican) et al. But then I get in moods where I'm listening to nothing but ska & rocksteady stuff. So it's a bit like the Big Boys sang in "Fun Fun Fun".

Return to “Punk/New Wave”