Non-American jazz records

This forum is specifically dedicated to the category of Jazz including Dixieland and Big Band. You may discuss any and all aspects of this genre of music. Please no buying or selling of items at this board.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

jimboo
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by jimboo » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:31 pm

rooster wrote:I can't help with the Kenny Little disc, Big. I have no info on him at all. Just call me "Stump" the rooster :lol:

Jimboo, I can't say I've ever come across that EP in my travels, but I do know of Rupert Clemendore from his US Cook label releases (The Cook label was a onetime obsession of mine). Really great stuff.

rooster
Get this, I saw a Beatles record going on a non ebay site and put in a ridiculously low price and won it. The EP was in the record mailer as a stiffener. Transferred it to the PC and sold it on ebay, now on its way to Canada. Extremely rare Scandanavian issue.

B_big.
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Inexplicable Mysteries

Post by B_big. » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:30 am

rooster wrote:. . . I have no info on him at all. Just call me "Stump" the rooster :lol:

rooster
( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .Image
    • Curt! Why should I do so? . Image . Sometimes questions in life - can't be cleared - so what!

I love the cover nevertheless. Not to forget! Thanks for your efforts.. Image
. Image
https://www.vinylrotation.org/
the fine art of record cover & sleeve & more
berlin/germany/europe/planet earth/milky way/universe

B_big.
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Not an ordinary day of the week

Post by B_big. » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:21 pm

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .Image
    • Quite some time has passed since my last contribution here, so, here's from the

Riverside Giants of Jazz series:

'Wednesday Evenin'' - John Lee Hooker (NL Riverside - REP3202, 1964) 7-inch mono E.P.
      • Track-listing:
        • 'I Need Some Money' (Hooker) / 'Come On And See About Me' (Hooker) unacc.
          'Wednesday Evenin' Blues' (Hooker) / 'No More Doggin'' (Hooker)
      A really neat studio shot of Mr. Hooker - I guess.
Attachments
wednesday_labelA.jpg
'Wednesday Evenin' Blues' - label A-side
wednesday_labelA.jpg (58.3 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
wednesday_front.jpg
Wednesday Evenin' - front cover
wednesday_front.jpg (45.7 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
. Image

jimboo
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RE: Not an ordinary day of the week

Post by jimboo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:14 am

Bit of Latin Jazz, probably the most I have paid for a single £15, will enjoy a while then sell on. Too old to be building up my collection.

B_big.
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Don't jump the gun

Post by B_big. » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:31 am

jimboo wrote:Bit of Latin Jazz, probably the most I have paid for a single £15, will enjoy a while then sell on. Too old to be building up my collection.
( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .Image
    • What a lovely cover!I in your place, would think it over well before selling! . Image
. Image

B_big.
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Souvenir from Copenhagen/Denmark

Post by B_big. » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:00 am

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .Image
    • When my love and I visited Copenhagen this year, we came across a record shop & café by chance, while having a walk through the city. We didn't enter at this day, but she agreed to return, and get in, to see what it's like.
      When we returned, we were welcomed by an elderly guy, Peter, this means, he was older than we are. I guess he was in his end 60s or beginning 70s. He runs this interesting location, first comes a café/bar, and behind this there were a few stairs leading to the actual shop.

He claimed that he holds Scandinavia's widest variety of jazz records in stock. There were compact discs and vinyl records, as well as second hand vinyl records. When I flipped through his bins, he offered a coffee and we talked about music and record collecting in general, and about collecting jazz in particular. During our conversation he told, that he runs a record label on his own, and that some of the records I liked (and bought), has been issued on his label. It was a really nice and pleasant morning, even my love felt good. He gave me discount, telling me it's because I bought quite many records! It was a totally unexpected, and very generous offer.

I stop right here, don't wanna bore you with more details. While I write this, one of the albums I bought there is playing:
      • 'Face the Music' - Sinne Eeg (dk Stunt Records - STULP 14041, 2014)
        Great contemporary progressive vocal jazz in perfection - more than simply a recomendation!.
      That's what makes travelling so special, you don't know who you'll meet, and what you'll experience. Copenhagen is a truly impressive city, that's worth to be visited more than once. I now have several fantastic records reminding me on this trip.
Attachments
FaceThe_back_550px.jpg
SE - Face the Music back cover
FaceThe_back_550px.jpg (48.52 KiB) Viewed 332 times
FaceThe_front_550px.jpg
SE - Face the Music front cover
FaceThe_front_550px.jpg (58.23 KiB) Viewed 332 times
. Image

Return to “Jazz”