6 Cents, Free Shipping

This forum contains discussions about prices of records sold on eBay. <B>Please, no buying or selling; announcements of auctions or the advertising of sites at this forum</B>, other than links to ended eBay listings.
hrtshpdbox
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

6 Cents, Free Shipping

Post by hrtshpdbox » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:34 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380718503605

At least it got two bids, would have been awful if it went for just a penny. I looked at the seller's feedback, most records were less than a dollar and included free shipping. I guess he makes it up on volume.*

* - that's a joke.

campp
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RE: 6 Cents, Free Shipping

Post by campp » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:59 pm

I'm always suspicious that those free shipping on 1 cent deals are where someone is stealing postage at work. Can't figure out anything else.
Steve

hrtshpdbox
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Re: RE: 6 Cents, Free Shipping

Post by hrtshpdbox » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:06 pm

campp wrote:I'm always suspicious that those free shipping on 1 cent deals are where someone is stealing postage at work. Can't figure out anything else.
That makes sense. The first thing I ever sold on Ebay was a trumpet, and I took it to work to pack it up during my lunch break. One of the people at the office suggested I just use the company's FedEx account to send it, and said that everybody else shipped personal things on the firm's account. So, that one time, I did it, and because of the company's massive dealings with FedEx the cost was only 5 dollars (would have been about 25 if I'd brought it down to a FedEx office myself).

wurlitzer1450
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Re: 6 Cents, Free Shipping

Post by wurlitzer1450 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:23 pm

hrtshpdbox wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/380718503605

At least it got two bids, would have been awful if it went for just a penny. I looked at the seller's feedback, most records were less than a dollar and included free shipping. I guess he makes it up on volume.*

* - that's a joke.
---- that's a joke? i've always operated that way, buy things for a dollar and sell them for 95 cents. you loose a little bit on each sale but you make it up in volume.
near the little town of nervous, new mexico

hrtshpdbox
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Re: 6 Cents, Free Shipping

Post by hrtshpdbox » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:33 pm

wurlitzer1450 wrote:
hrtshpdbox wrote: * - that's a joke.
---- that's a joke? i've always operated that way, buy things for a dollar and sell them for 95 cents. you loose a little bit on each sale but you make it up in volume.
You've heard that old-as-the-hills joke, but I felt it best to point it out lest someone respond that it doesn't make sense.

CactusCowboy
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

RE: Re: 6 Cents, Free Shipping

Post by CactusCowboy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:04 am

No joke at all... the seller obviously works for the federal government, thus explaining his expertise in buying/selling/managing money.

Return to “Record Prices on eBay”