Beatles Appear In Silver Age Marvel Comic Book

Display pictures of interesting, unique and rare vinyl record-related items, that do not meet the criteria for inclusion in the other galleries. As a courtesy, provide as much information about your items as possible. <B>Please</B>, no buying or selling of items here.
stendek7
Level 3
Level 3

Beatles Appear In Silver Age Marvel Comic Book

Post by stendek7 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:19 pm

:P The Beatles did not make a staggering number of appearances in comic books but there were some. The Liverpool lads did Stan Lee a favor with this appearance in a 1960s Marvel comic book. Almost certainly helped sales. Enjoy. Peace. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RidinTheWind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RE: Beatles Appear In Silver Age Marvel Comic Book

Post by RidinTheWind » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:26 pm

That looks like a comic, "Not Brand Ecch" that they published around 67/68. I remember one of the characters was Forbush (?) Man who wore a pot on his head with eyeholes.
Anyone who thinks he has a foolproof plan hasn't counted on the ingenuity of fools.

namralos
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by namralos » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:49 am

Some of my favorite 1960's-1970's comics...yes, I have these:

Strange Tales #130: http://www.comics.org/issue/19039/cover/4/
Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #79: http://www.comics.org/issue/18626/cover/4/
The Beatles' Complete Life Stories: http://www.comics.org/issue/298635/cover/4/
Yellow Submarine: http://www.comics.org/issue/21554/cover/4/
Batman #222: http://www.comics.org/issue/23498/cover/4/

I love the take on the Paul-is-Dead rumors in Batman.

TheMastermind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by TheMastermind » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:00 am

I've got two copies of that Strange Tales 130. Not because of the Beatles, but because I'm trying to put together a full run of Silver Age Doctor Strange. Not too far off that geeky aim either.

Ditko's Doc Strange art rules!

DaveyTheWaxMan
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by DaveyTheWaxMan » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:20 pm

I collected comics (DC and Marvel) from 1970-1982...if I only still had my collection...
"If you're hair's red, the roots ain't dead...don't cut it, CONK it!!"
Wynonie "Mr. Blues" Harris

TheMastermind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by TheMastermind » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:53 pm

From an investors perspective, they do a hell of a lot better than records, though bronze age and later isn't worth a lot.

stendek7
Level 3
Level 3

Post by stendek7 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Right on Ridin. Peace. Once had Life Stories plus Yellow Submarine with poster Nam. Sigh. Peace. Once had that one too Mastermind. Best of luck on quest. Peace. Especially comic books from early to mid 1970s Davey. Peace. I have noted that comic books published from very late 1970s to present appear almost valueless. With few exceptions of course. Agree on sentiment. Peace.

RidinTheWind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by RidinTheWind » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Ditko's Doc Strange art rules!
One of the greats of comic book art, I don't think many people know that he designed the original Spiderman.
I collected comics (DC and Marvel) from 1970-1982...if I only still had my collection...
Marvels from 1967 to 1970. Before that, DC and some Golden Key (Dr. Solar, Man of the Atom) and some Charlton. I did have some DC's from the late 50's and early 60's but sold them in the late 60's. :roll:

Other than that, I kept my comics, too bad that most of them aren't in the best of shape.
Anyone who thinks he has a foolproof plan hasn't counted on the ingenuity of fools.

stendek7
Level 3
Level 3

Post by stendek7 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:23 pm

I actually lost interest in Spider Man after Steve Ditko left series. Definitive SM artist. Period. When other illustrators attempt to draw Dr Strange I cringe. Even Marshall Rogers who I really like. No one can portray Steven Strange like Steve Ditko. No one. My comic book reading range was from the late 1960s to early 1970s. Those things were magic. New comic books hold no interest for me. I absolutely loved Dr Solar plus Magnus. Fantastic art in those Gold Keys. Shape smape. Is this a comic book or record forum? Just kidding. Thanks for rekindling memories. Good ones. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheMastermind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by TheMastermind » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:04 am

Isn't that the only photo of Ditko that exists? Publicly at least. The documentary on him, In Search Of Steve Ditko, makes for some very interesting viewing.

I remain a comic geek and when I vanish from this site for any period of time, I can usually be found on the CGC comic board trying to snaffle Golden and Silver Age comics. I've got a bug for Golden Age horror at the moment.

Return to “Record-Related Items Gallery”