An American colored beauty - highly recommended

Discuss and review audiophile pressings here. Please, no buying and selling.
B_big.
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

An American colored beauty - highly recommended

Post by B_big. » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:00 am

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( 8)
  • Please let me introduce an recommendation MacJazz has given and which I absolutely agree with:
    • 'Chamber Music Society' - Esperanza Spalding (U.S. limited edition 180-gram 2-LP set, Heads Up Int. - HUI-32454-01, 2011)
      • "Includes exclusive bonus content and sneak peek of radio music society. An interesting explanation about this releases intention of 13.40 minutes, and a view behind the scenes of the 'Chamber Music Society'".
    Another truly high quality pressing with top notch sound. It's modern jazz and I like it! This release is a nearly perfect production, no warp, no crackling or hiss and an absolute clear define of music, truly convincing, fantastic and superb sounding quality. I'm overwhelmed by the things she does with her voice, no doubt, it's her second musical instrument beside the upright bass. So why stick to music or artists from the past, when there are such exciting and fresh new artists like this young lady and Nicki Parrott, another woman playing the upright bass.

It may be of importance to mention, that this limited edition wasn't expensive, I've paid $ 34.00 including p&p, a decent price for this kind of releases.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
. Image
https://www.vinylrotation.org/
the fine art of record cover & sleeve & more
berlin/germany/europe/planet earth/milky way/universe

weletthegoldfishgo
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

RE: An American colored beauty - highly recommended

Post by weletthegoldfishgo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:21 pm

WOOHOO! I've just discovered this thread. Yeah, B_big. She does look lovely, fer sher! And she sounds just as good, too. That's a great photo of her with the bass. I hope she doesn't set that thing down on her cute little foot. But I bet she's got the moves figured out, so she's in control of that bass. WOOHOO!
The artist's life is the best life, if he can survive the first 40 years of it. --Thomas Hart Benton

B_big.
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Re: RE: An American colored beauty - highly recommended

Post by B_big. » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:06 pm

weletthegoldfishgo wrote:WOOHOO! I've just discovered this thread. Yeah, B_big. She does look lovely, fer sher! And she sounds just as good, too. That's a great photo of her with the bass. I hope she doesn't set that thing down on her cute little foot. But I bet she's got the moves figured out, so she's in control of that bass. WOOHOO!
( ( ( ( ( ((((((( 8)
  • Thanks for your kind feedback! . Image
. Image
https://www.vinylrotation.org/
the fine art of record cover & sleeve & more
berlin/germany/europe/planet earth/milky way/universe

Return to “Audiophile Pressings”