Small Faces Part 1- The Decca Recordings (1965-1967)

Recommend your favorite must-hear albums here.
CactusCowboy
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by CactusCowboy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:14 am

fromphilly,

Thanks for the informative and detailed reviews.

I'm sorry to say I have no Small Faces in my collection. :oops: I've got a couple by "Faces", but not the earlier records. I never see them while crate digging. :evil:

TheMastermind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by TheMastermind » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:07 am

dillon wrote:mastermind, you got any aussie decca? im interested to see the difference between the two.
Only UK Decca, which I scored from our very own Cococrisp.

I do have an Oz Immediate of Lazy Sunday though.

That said Oz and UK Decca look much the same. Although the company sleeves in the unboxed logo period were fairly different.

scratuglia
Level 5
Level 5

Post by scratuglia » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:37 am

Some of the alternate versions found on the French EP's ended up on the CD's released by London.

weletthegoldfishgo
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by weletthegoldfishgo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:22 am

Thanks, fromphilly! I am certainly enjoying my Ogdens Nut Gone Flake and want the other records! I need those UK Decca releases. LOVE THE BAND!
The artist's life is the best life, if he can survive the first 40 years of it. --Thomas Hart Benton

weletthegoldfishgo
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by weletthegoldfishgo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:40 am

I just passed up the chance to buy a German copy of that ''second'' album with the title Musik fur Alle. I like German pressings, but I just don't know about the values of these. I could have paid $53 for a nice record. Didn't wanna impulse buy into this, though. Maybe that was a mistake.
The artist's life is the best life, if he can survive the first 40 years of it. --Thomas Hart Benton

prancinghorse
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by prancinghorse » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:55 am

weletthegoldfishgo wrote:I just passed up the chance to buy a German copy of that ''second'' album with the title Musik fur Alle. I like German pressings, but I just don't know about the values of these. I could have paid $53 for a nice record. Didn't wanna impulse buy into this, though. Maybe that was a mistake.
This is about "list price" for Musik für Alle Decca ND153 from 1966
"How can I kiss your lips at night, when you chew my a-- out all day long." - Terry Paul Nelson aka terryquasi (July 14th 1947 - July 11th 2009)

weletthegoldfishgo
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by weletthegoldfishgo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I'm o.k. waiting for a lower priced copy.

Since country of band origin is usually the way to go, why am I so concerned with getting German made copies? I trust they will sound outstanding. So does anyone know how it compares to the UK Decca? It probably isn't any less or more in quality, and I don't know why I'm worried about it. The price, however, is much less for the German record!! And I find that German records are as good or better than their Japanese equivalents, too, which, as we all know, price higher than German records.

Kimmo
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by Kimmo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:45 am

Since country of band origin is usually the way to go, why am I so concerned with getting German made copies? I trust they will sound outstanding. So does anyone know how it compares to the UK Decca? It probably isn't any less or more in quality, and I don't know why I'm worried about it. The price, however, is much less for the German record!! And I find that German records are as good or better than their Japanese equivalents, too, which, as we all know, price higher than German records.
i do have a debut UK on Decca, as well the german " Musik For Alle" you talked about ... the sounds are, as you think, equally great on both - at least to my ears both have good sound quality. So either you come around german copy or UK Decca, i would say you can pick it without worries, when price is otherwise suitable for you!

Small Faces on Decca, UK or german, go for it! :D

prancinghorse
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by prancinghorse » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:33 am

I agree with Kimmo - sound quality is equally good on both so a German copy is the obvious choice as UK copies double the required investment.
"How can I kiss your lips at night, when you chew my a-- out all day long." - Terry Paul Nelson aka terryquasi (July 14th 1947 - July 11th 2009)

weletthegoldfishgo
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by weletthegoldfishgo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:09 pm

I certainly wouldn't pass on an affordable UK Decca, but I think I'll put it out to the universe that I'm lookin' for German copies. WOOHOO!

Return to “Albums”