Small Faces Part 1- The Decca Recordings (1965-1967)

Recommend your favorite must-hear albums here.
weletthegoldfishgo
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by weletthegoldfishgo » Thu May 28, 2009 5:55 pm

The Decca records are some of my favourite vinyl. They are such quiet pressings and most revealing for the music.

What a great set of music you sent me to hear their debut and singles. My, oh my there's SOME SOUL in those boys. WOOHOO!
The artist's life is the best life, if he can survive the first 40 years of it. --Thomas Hart Benton

fromphilly1247
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by fromphilly1247 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:21 pm

UPDATE:

I just noticed that both the self-titled debut lp and From The Beginning have been reissued on 180 gram virgin vinyl by the 4 Men With Beards label. They list for about $18 USD---much better than the $100+ you'll spend obtaining Decca copies on ebay. If you're interested in checking these records out, this would be a very cost-efficient means of doing so. As a side note, I've purchased a few titles from 4 Men With Beards and found their pressings to be of great quality.
The rain keeps crawling down the glass
The good times never seem to last
Close your eyes and let the thought pass

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/markoneill1968

weletthegoldfishgo
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by weletthegoldfishgo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Finally took the plunge and got the debut LP from a needy ebayer....$12 sealed. Looking forward to getting it in the mail soon.....it's a nice birthday gift!
The artist's life is the best life, if he can survive the first 40 years of it. --Thomas Hart Benton

Return to “Albums”