About our members

If you would like to leave a comment or make a suggestion, this is the place to do it. We would like to hear from you.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

MacJazz
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

About our members

Post by MacJazz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Well, I can't find the "about our members" thing today.

When I did my last round with cancer, I found this to be one of the most helpful things around. Many people got on and expressed their support etc. The Magnificent Meredith, our helper lady printed these and the many from my ex students on facebook, pulled them into individual strips and put the all up in my hospital room while I was in surgery.

It's worth keeping for things like that if nothing else.

I like knowing who is posting and seeing the messages from the Newbies as well. I see that a name I've never seen in my life has posted umpteen thousand messages and I go check out "who the hell is this" to see what I'm missing. that's important.

I think it is critical that we get on and make comments to the people who are signing in as new It is the only way our board can grow and expand. Yes I get tired of the "I just found these in my toilet" posts as well but it's part of possibly becoming a collector.

I would like to see the thread continued or (if I just missed it) I would like permission to get more sleep

There are other ways it's important,but that's a good start.

P.S. Besides, if we don't have it then when are we going to post important stuff like

KATT WON A SCHOLARSHIP!

You have to to have a place for that!
Save our planet. It's the only one we know of with chocolate!

hrtshpdbox
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Re: About our members

Post by hrtshpdbox » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:27 pm

MacJazz wrote: I think it is critical that we get on and make comments to the people who are signing in as new It is the only way our board can grow and expand. Yes I get tired of the "I just found these in my toilet" posts as well but it's part of possibly becoming a collector.
Mart, I couldn't agree more; I can't imagine what would be more important than "handing down the hobby" to others who have an interest. By the way, "About Our Members" is still around.[/url]

kat1370
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by kat1370 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:14 pm

Hrt is right, Mart..."About Our Members" is still there. While it's true that the section has been thinned out and tidied up a bit, there is no intention that I'm aware of to do away with it. No one has even made the suggestion.

MacJazz
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by MacJazz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:07 pm

I guess I was drunk at the time.

Hells Bells, I went back and sill couldn't find it.

Good stuff, huh!
Save our planet. It's the only one we know of with chocolate!

Return to “Comments or Suggestions”