R C G link library

If you would like to leave a comment or make a suggestion, this is the place to do it. We would like to hear from you.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

lamas
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM
Location: Warwick ( 8 miles NE of Stratford Upon Avon ) England

R C G link library

Post by lamas » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:46 pm

LIBRARY LINK ITEM 1

I have often seen useful links posted by members .and later when I want them I can not find them

...They quite often appear in threads that have gone " down the pages ".and it will be a tough job to find them

So why not a library of links I thought ?

........find a useful link ...........write a bit about what is in it .so that a " browser " could tell if it was of interets withought looking at them all

and then post it here

A day or two ago I came across a link on another site about the UK CHARTS

The page on the link that I am posting starts with the 1950's ( other decades can be CLICKED at the top of the page )

It lists the NUMBER ONES....but if you click on the NUMBER ONES .......the chart fopr that week opens out.and further clicks gives you more information

http://www.chartstats.com/number1s.php?decade=1950

When adding links remember that this is a library so it will be helpful if future links are numbered so that they can be found easier

lamas
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM
Location: Warwick ( 8 miles NE of Stratford Upon Avon ) England

RE: R C G link library

Post by lamas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:34 am

LIBRARY LINK ITEM 2

This is a link given to me by SCOTAPEL back in February 2009

It is the a link to SMITHSONIAN FOLKWAYS which is described on the site as

" the non profit making record label of the SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTE "

It is a site where you can buy what are HISTORIC recordings on the FOLKWAYS label

http://www.folkways.si.edu/

kat1370
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by kat1370 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Thanks for your idea, lamas. But there is a search function here at the RCG as well as search engines on the web, such as Google, that are designed for finding such information. If links have already been posted here once, posting them again will simply be repetition. Random links in one thread will not serve to organize information into a useful form unless it all deals with one specific topic.

However, we are always willing to accept articles and useful info about vinyl that can be posted on the homepage. At your convenience, take a look at the examples displayed there and see if maybe what you're suggesting could be turned into and article and posted there.

Please note that this forum is a place to make comments and suggestions about improving the site. It is not an area reserved for actually starting a project. Perhaps these links would fit into the discography/labelography section?

vinylunderground
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by vinylunderground » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:47 am

Hi all,

http://www.folklife.si.edu/center/faq.aspx

Go to the bottom of the page, the RCG is recommended as a valuable resource.
(I have a collection of old records. Can you tell me how much they are worth?).

Best,
Jeff

Return to “Comments or Suggestions”