Adopt Some Vinyl Forum

If you would like to leave a comment or make a suggestion, this is the place to do it. We would like to hear from you.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

ewington
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by ewington » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:14 pm

Nobody likes to see petty squabbles between friends.
Mart sends me a list, I send him a cheque thus negating any potential squabbling amongst friends on the guild. :wink:
Win, Win for us both and the guild as I am tolerated but not liked, thus all can send barbs in my direction, thus protecting Mart in his older years, and I will deflect them and stay here out of spite cos I will have all of the records. (insert maniacal laugh here) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RidinTheWind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by RidinTheWind » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:12 pm

SID wrote:Wow,there could be some good 'battles' here ! Now see what you started,RTW ! Good thing that I'm not interested in vinyl or I'd be in these battles.......ah......where did you say you live ?? :lol:
It will give me some entertainment in the afterlife seeing you guys battle it out!

Though seriously, I'd like to know my records were being enjoyed after I'm gone and not just thrown into the dumpster.

As I said in another thread, I have no family. My best friend lives in a two room efficiency appartment and would never have the room for records. Other friends don't collect records. They like CD's or the latest tech gadget for music. Of those I do know who collect records, they don't play them. They just squirrel them away. There's even one guy who only cleans them and never plays the records for fear of putting any kind of mark on the discs!

I would like them to be played and enjoyed. Yes, my collection does have common stuff, but there are many gems also.
Anyone who thinks he has a foolproof plan hasn't counted on the ingenuity of fools.

hrtshpdbox
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by hrtshpdbox » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:32 pm

ewington wrote: I am tolerated but not liked...
Who says? Maybe you're not tolerated! :D

Seriously, Steve, I think you're liked, I know you as a stand-up guy.

whirlingdisc
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by whirlingdisc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:11 pm

hrtshpdbox wrote:
ewington wrote: I am tolerated but not liked...
Who says? Maybe you're not tolerated! :D

Seriously, Steve, I think you're liked, I know you as a stand-up guy.
I think you're liked as well, Steve. You, on the other hand, Jerry......
Do what you dig---dig what you do!!!

hrtshpdbox
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by hrtshpdbox » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:14 pm

whirlingdisc wrote:I think you're liked as well, Steve. You, on the other hand, Jerry......
Egggsss-actly!

whirlingdisc
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by whirlingdisc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:48 pm

:lol:
Do what you dig---dig what you do!!!

RidinTheWind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by RidinTheWind » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:08 pm

First, Ewington, you are liked at the RCG. Though, some may be envious of your finds.

Second, I had hoped that this thread would have generated serious responses. Except for MacJazz, it seems some people have been sniffing too many moldy records.
Anyone who thinks he has a foolproof plan hasn't counted on the ingenuity of fools.

hrtshpdbox
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by hrtshpdbox » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:18 pm

RidinTheWind wrote:...it seems some people have been sniffing too many moldy records.
Wow, now I just feel so...small.

Puckforbrains
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by Puckforbrains » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:38 pm

RidinTheWind wrote:
Second, I had hoped that this thread would have generated serious responses. Except for MacJazz, it seems some people have been sniffing too many moldy records.

What type of serious response were you hoping?

Edit - sorry, I should elaborate. Were you hoping others would share their plans for the collections?

RidinTheWind
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Post by RidinTheWind » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:50 pm

What type of serious response were you hoping? Were you hoping others would share their plans for the collections?
I was hoping for responses about setting up a forum where people could contact RCG members living in or near their region.

That way, maybe I could find someone who would actually play my records after I'm gone. They wouldn't have to spend any money, just pick them up.

As mentioned before, I have no desire for them to end up in a dumpster or just closeted away in some collection never to see the light of day.

Return to “Comments or Suggestions”