How to improve this board.

If you would like to leave a comment or make a suggestion, this is the place to do it. We would like to hear from you.

Moderator: Guild Moderators

cutter
R.C.Guild-A
R.C.Guild-A

How to improve this board.

Post by cutter » Fri May 30, 2003 1:51 am

Hello all,

If you have a suggestion on how to improve this message board, we will take it under consideration.

This may include, adding forums, additional features, or anything else that our members or viewers may feel, will improve upon our ability to make this the best record collecting forum on the internet.

We are open to suggestions!

Regards,
cutter
Image .... for the betterment of record collecting

deadhead dave
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

sellers

Post by deadhead dave » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:42 pm

Amember of this board sent me a p.m. asking what to do about deadbeat sellers here. This person has had a less than desirable experiance trying to deal with another member. I dont know all specifics but I am sure they will become public as this person is sure the other has a long history of ripping people off. This may be an early wake up call for something to be done to try to stop this type stuff. I would think there are several things that could be done tohelp this problem like sellers have to register, although the person in question is also a member. A volantary feedback or seller rating system would be great. I realize a feedback system can be used in a bad way,but it would be better than nothing. Im sure you guys have had thoughts about this already, it might be time to impliment them.

thanks 8) Dave

whirlingdisc
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Trivia Board

Post by whirlingdisc » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:33 am

Let's make one!! I think the interest and knowledge base is there and it'll certainly be fun!!
Ralf

I went back and re-read this...didn't make sense!! To clarify...I'm suggesting we create a trivia board!
Ralf

jackcapture
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by jackcapture » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:01 am

Whoa Ralf--you changed your name! You'd better make an announcement...we're too old to try to keep up with this stuff. :)

whirlingdisc
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Post by whirlingdisc » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:59 am

Jack--see the explanation under the 45rpm category.
Ralf

A_Guest

Post by A_Guest » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:18 pm

I know one way you can improve the board - scratch phpBB and go with SMF (http://www.simplemachines.org) instead. It has everything this forum has and more, and is much easier to upgrade. It even includes a built-in spell check feature (which requires the pSpell library for PHP).

keelerphoto
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Post by keelerphoto » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:29 pm

a hate spam,,,,givem hell harry,,,,,

cutter
R.C.Guild-A
R.C.Guild-A

Post by cutter » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:20 pm

A_guest,

Thanks for the suggestion. But, no thanks! First, I do not like the looks of the simple machines forum. Next, it cannot possibly have the support structure that phpbb has. Additionally, it is really no faster than the phpbb program. Finally, obviously you did not notice that this message board also possesses a spell checker.

Other considerations are, phpbb will release a CMS program (portal) that will be packaged with their wildly popular forums. Also, the webmaster of the Record Collectors Guild is familiar and comfortable with phpbb products.

Thanks again for the suggestion. I am sure that your efforts to promote the simple machines program will pay of if you continue to spam enough message boards. But then again, maybe not.

Regards,
cutter

A_Guest

Post by A_Guest » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:07 pm

Look... I was only suggesting that you consider it. I was not trying to spam or anything. I know this board has a spell checker. That's why I mentioned it. If you want to stick with phpBB, that's fine. A simple "thanks for the suggestion but we're happy with phpBB and plan to stick with it" would have been fine. I would like to respond to some of your comments, but do not want to turn this into a big argument, so I won't. Please contact me at rockinandrollin@mail.com if you wish to discuss this any further. Oh, and just for the record - This is the default theme for SMF.

cutter
R.C.Guild-A
R.C.Guild-A

Post by cutter » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:55 pm

A_Guest,

Hey, thanks for the follow-up. OK, I understand now that you were just making a suggestion. I guess even Administrators can come across a little strong.

Thanks for the suggestion but we're happy with phpBB and plan to stick with it.

Regards,
cutter

Return to “Comments or Suggestions”